Effective International English?

Has anyone heard of this adult school? Are they any good? Can someone reccomend any decent adult schools?

Thanks

ivlc :wink:
GRAM :smile: :wink:
and ROFLMAO Global Village :wink: :wink:

Do they teach “International English” ?

Big Fluffy,

International English in Taiwan, for the most part is :moo: and a BIG :no-no: . Everyone wants “American English”, whatever that is. :saywhat:

Although, my school does teach “International English” :cluck: and pretty soon all the others out there will be saying :notworthy: .

I just hope that my over use of smilies in this post doesn’t get the following … :swear: :finger: :offtopic: :ban: or :fatchance:

but gets a lot of :love:

BTW :flowers: sowwwry for this post… but I just had to do it after seeing the new smilies.

Check out this link
blogs.salon.com/0002422/2003/04/30.html

I went to an interview at EIE in June - just post-SARS. The manager was a complete dork - didn’t smile, no social skills , kept looking down, yet still appeared to be fussy about heaven-only-knows-what, as I was over-qualified for the job. Besides this, he was neurotic about hygiene, even though SARS had been declared dead, and posted big signs about how everyone had to wash and alcohol their hands every five minutes or whatever it was. The next week, I found out that a friend of a friend was working there - and desperately trying to get out of his contract. He had been promised 20 hours a week and had been given 8, and the hours had not improved after a number of weeks. Steer clear, I’d say.

I went to an interview at EIE in June - just post-SARS. The manager was a complete dork - didn’t smile, no social skills , kept looking down, yet still appeared to be fussy about heaven-only-knows-what, as I was over-qualified for the job. Besides this, he was neurotic about hygiene, even though SARS had been declared dead, and posted big signs about how everyone had to wash and alcohol their hands every five minutes or whatever it was. The next week, I found out that a friend of a friend was working there - and desperately trying to get out of his contract. He had been promised 20 hours a week and had been given 8, and the hours had not improved after a number of weeks. Steer clear, I’d say.