Effectiveness or otherwise of Ivermectin for treating anything/everything

In Japan:
https://twitter.com/jjchamie/status/1438702011357278211

Interesting response from Australia. Not addressing whether it is effective or not, but that it gives false security as to not get vacciated

Weird–I did both.

(2300) Ivermectin in Australia - YouTube

Soo … a bit like getting vaccinated, then.

There’s another simile one might use:
A. Everyone should take a daily dose of Ivermectin because it will prevent you suffering from river blindness!
B. But I don’t live in Africa. My chances of getting river blindness are virtually zero.
A. Nonsense! If you’re parasitized by Onchocerca volvulus then it is exceedingly likely that you will suffer from river blindness!
B. But of all the bad things that are likely to happen to me, getting parasitized by Onchocerca volvulus is kinda remote.
A. Clearly, you’re a science-denying troublemaker. Report to room 101 for your re-education.

4 Likes

I know they said something at least vaguely along those lines, but does anyone have a link to the actual announcement? I can find only secondary reports, mostly slanted one way or the another.

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but here’s Dr Campbell ripping into Australia’s latest bit of COVID dumbassery. I really recommend watching the whole thing because it’s quite funny listening to an eminently qualified professional telling the pen-pushers what a bunch of corrupt weasels they are.

The upshot of the Australian regulations seems to be that they don’t want people taking Ivermectin because it might work, and then they won’t be able to force people to get vaxed.

2 Likes

Yes, he does seem to be quite in favor of vaccination.

He is. So what? He makes the point that treatment and vaccination are two completely different things and are not mutually exclusive. If you’re one of the large number of vaccinated people who has a breakthrough infection, wouldn’t you like to like to know that there’s a treatment available that doesn’t involve shoving a tube down your neck?

He has several videos reviewing the evidence for Ivermectin. I suspect he has to recite the vaccine credo to avoid getting blacklisted from YouTube, which is the general fate of those who mention the I-word.

1 Like

I don’t know who he is, but the video fairly questioned the logic of the guidelines. He seemed sincere about vaccination. The only point I question is supply chain. Sure, India can produce lots of anything, but ramping up and getting to the destination is another question. I don’t know whether that is an issue, just saying that the potential was not mentioned.

1 Like

He’s famous for writing the “Campbell’s Notes” series. Very useful books. He also did a series of videos based on the books.

That was my link above. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

:blush:

Just call me “Joe”.

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: From coronavirus

If someone is infected with a parasitic infection then a dewormer medication can indeed help when the patient is additionally suffering from covid.

Strongyloidiasis - a parasitic worm infection – is estimated to affect millions of people and is associated with marginalized communities who often walk barefoot.

Treatment of chronic strongyloidiasis with ivermectin 200 µg/kg per day orally x 1-2 days is considered safe with potential contraindications including possible Loa loa infection (endemic in West and Central Africa), pregnancy, and weight <15kg.

1 Like

Money quote from a speculative comment on this topic, translated:

The suspicion at the moment is that […] ivermectin studies are being done specifically where a lot of people have worms, and then maybe even just including those with worms in their study, because of course it looks better then.

1 Like

Very interesting video. It compares Pfizermectin mode of action with Ivermectin modes of action and finds that (as far as we know) they share one mode (blocking of 3CL-Protease) while Ivermectin also blocks the Spike Protein, the ACE2 receptor site, and a few other things the virus needs.

Pfizermectin vs Ivermectin: Pf-1-Mode vs. Iver-several Modes | Musings from the Chiefio (wordpress.com)

3 Likes

Why are people still talking about dewormer ?
Eating in a lot of dodgy places ?

3 Likes

Because the left is invested heavily in the narrative while other people just want to see what works and what doesn’t.

2 Likes

You mean they’re heavily invested in the truth as opposed to heavily invested in the narrative that horse dewormer is somehow a legitimate treatment for Covid.

1 Like

I don’t understand what dewormer has to do with the left or the right. Things are taking a bizarre turn. :joy:

2 Likes

Somehow everything is politicized these days, especially in the US. Rather than acknowledging that the opposite of scientific truth is simply falsehood, science is somehow viewed as leftist and in need of an equal and opposite anti-science “truth” on the right, however ridiculous it may be. I’m pretty sure this is how democracy dies.

4 Likes