Ego Search

This is the best new function since the advent of sliced bread.
:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

[quote=“ac_dropout”]This is the best new function since the advent of sliced bread.
:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:[/quote]
I’m glad you like it, but I hate to be the one to tell you it isn’t a new function - it’s a built-in feature :blush:

I tried an ego search but it said “Not found”

Can someone clue me in please? I have no clue what ego search is.

bobepine

I did one and it said I was hungry and horny.

Wait, that was the id search…

And why is your username Orange? What’s going on? The squeal option is also different only for BFM. Why is that?

Edit:BFM’s name is no longer orange and the squeal optionis also back to normal now. For a second I thought we could choose a color for our user name. Weird.

Edit # 2:OK, I think the ego search is the “own” link at the top right of my screen. Right?

bobepine

And why is your username Orange? What’s going on? The squeal option is also different only for BFM. Why is that?

Edit:BFM’s name is no longer orange and the squeal optionis also back to normal now. For a second I thought we could choose a color for our user name. Weird.

Edit # 2:OK, I think the ego search is the “own” link at the top right of my screen. Right?

bobepine[/quote]
That was me. Just playing with the group colours. I managed to fix that Squeal bug, too

“Goose Egg” above your avatar is now showing marine blue. Me like. Can I have mine in color too?

I want the B blue, the O yellow, the second B also blue, the E green(light green preferably), the P purple, the I burgundy, the N orange and the last E in a light tone of red.

:wink:

bobepine

[quote=“bobepine”]“Goose Egg” above your avatar is now showing marine blue. Me like. Can I have mine in color too?

I want the B blue, the O yellow, the second B also blue, the E green(light green preferably), the P purple, the I burgundy, the N orange and the last E in a light tone of red.

bobepine[/quote]

Now that’s just plain ego :raspberry: (sticking tongue out) :laughing:

[quote=“bobepine”]“Goose Egg” above your avatar is now showing marine blue. Me like. Can I have mine in color too?

bobepine[/quote]
Well, I don’t think that’s going to happen :blush:

The idea is for certain groups to be identifiable. We’ll introduce more group based functions - and encourage Usergroups to form on the forums

I’m not a fan of colored titles/names. But I’m willing to give this group color a shot. WOuld you like me to activate your [color=green]moderator[/color] group color?

[color=blue]B[/color][color=yellow]O[/color][color=blue]B[/color][color=green]E[/color][color=violet]P[/color][color=brown]I[/color][color=orange]N[/color][color=red]E[/color]

[quote=“Goose Egg”]
Well, I don’t think that’s going to happen :blush:[/quote] That’s so bloody unfair. If BFM can do it, why can’t you? (just kidding)

To be honest, I’d rather not but if a majority of mods would like that,(I’m unsure if you mean just me or everyone in the mod group) so be it. I hide my online status most of the times.(always have) But more so since my name turned green. Low profile is what works best I think. :wink:

bobepine

What does that mean?
:help:

To be honest, I’d rather not but if a majority of mods would like that,(I’m unsure if you mean just me or everyone in the mod group) so be it. I hide my online status most of the times.(always have) But more so since my name turned green. Low profile is what works best I think. :wink:

bobepine[/quote]
I think I know what you mean. There are some who feel that moderators should not act as moderators when they are in forums that they do not moderate
(I’m not certain this is really the case, since it suggests that one’s behaviour changes drastically when they are a moderator)

What I was talking about referred specifically to activating the group color for you. Someone can be a member of many groups, but can only have one “default group color” which identifies them in different parts of the forum. No decisions have been made yet about how we might use this best. But I am installing more Group related features, and I am hopeful that they will help the existing groups - like the Games Club, Weekly Movie and Hiking group - coordinate themselves

[quote=“Goose Egg”]
What I was talking about referred specifically to …[/quote]

Gotchya.

What I would like to see is colors that are in relations to where posters live. A certain color for Kaohsiung, Ilan, Tapei, Taoyuan, etc. I always feel like there are not enough posters from Kaohsiung, although I could be surprised. Maybe the colors could be implemented when posters fill in their “location” in the “Member Center.”

Just a thought.

bobepine