Ejector block

Can any of the gun enthusiasts explain to me what an “ejector block” is? I’m working on a patent translation for a toilet bowl brush with a replaceable brush head, and…

Seriously. Sounds like a joke, but it isn’t. There’s a knob-like thing you push to eject the brush head, and it’s called a 推塊. I’ve come up with the tentative English translation “ejector block,” and webidence kinda sorta seems to support it, but I’m getting all these sites for gun maintenance.

What does the ejector block on a gun do?

ebang.com/prgs/item_display. … um=1080583

On the FN-FAL, and other firearms, it holds the bolt open after the last round is fired.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]http://www.ebang.com/prgs/item_display.cgi?itemnum=1080583

On the FN-FAL, and other firearms, it holds the bolt open after the last round is fired.[/quote]
Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, I don’t know anything about firearms. What’s the bolt? Is a round a whole bunch of bullets, or just one? Why would it need to stay open after firing?

In any case, I think I’m going to go with “ejector button” instead.

PP -
An ejector button has a completely diferent meaning in firearms technia.

A bolt is the mechanism that slided back & forth to to move the cartridge into the breech for firing and, via the extractor mechanism, removes the cartridge for ejection, removal from the chamber and the breech.
I am not familiar with any mechanism named “ejector button.”
A button would indicate a mechanism which would initiate the ejection procedure. The mechanism you have describes performs a different procedure.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]PP -
An ejector button has a completely diferent meaning in firearms technia.

A bolt is the mechanism that slided back & forth to to move the cartridge into the breech for firing and, via the extractor mechanism, removes the cartridge for ejection, removal from the chamber and the breech.
I am not familiar with any mechanism named “ejector button.”
A button would indicate a mechanism which would initiate the ejection procedure. The mechanism you have describes performs a different procedure.[/quote]
Thanks for the info. Very informative.

I was actually doing a translation of a patent for a toilet brush with a replaceable head, so it had nothing to do with firearms. The “ejector button” on the shaft of the brush did indeed “initiate the ejection procedure,” so I went with that term. The only reason for my query was that at first I’d googled up “ejector block” and had found a ton of sites dealing with firearms, so I’d wanted to confirm what exactly an ejector block was.

Thanks again!

Would “head release button/switch/knob” work better ?

What kind of ammunition does the toilet brush use?

Perhaps, if the inventor were an English speaker. But I was working with 推塊, so adding “head release” would have been taking too much license with the source text. You can’t do that with patents.

I can’t answer that question on the grounds that it might incriminate me.

“Toilet Brush”…bloody hell… :roflmao: :joker:

My apologies for mis-understanding the article involved.
Best of luck to you!