El Paso

26 dead 20 injured in a Walmart parking lot today. Shooters manifesto:

The “manifesto” said to have been written by the suspect claimed the attack was a response to the “Hispanic invasion of Texas”. It refers to the so-called “Great Replacement”, a white supremacist conspiracy theory that claims people of European descent are being overwhelmed.

This is a terrorist act.

4 Likes

Sad day there in West Texas. Was in the area in May (it’s near the ELP Airport). They should drive him (the criminal) across the river into Juarez (Mexico) and let street justice do it’s work. Waste of money keep him in prison, really crazy man driving across the state to do this.

2 Likes

Terrible…But you allow them to purchase assault rifles. …

Has it been confirmed the manifesto is by him?

He lived in my area in Texas. Plano.

Sounds like he should have been in a mental institution. It’s not a terrorist act - it’s a paranoid guy who should have been under such close observation that he never had a chance to go near a gun shop.

His intention was to terrorize Hispanics with the goal of decreasing their immigration into the states. Fits the bill of “terrorism” in my opinion.

3 Likes

That’s as maybe, but there’s a difference between people who go out there blasting away with a clear-eyed view of wiping out the infidel or the oppressor, and people who have only the most tenuous grasp on reality. I’m only guessing of course, but I reckon he’s in the latter camp.

" El Paso Suspect Reportedly a Trump Supporter Who Wrote Racist, Anti-Immigrant Manifesto"

1 Like

Seems like a domestic terrorist. He was a white nationalist . with it seems the act had some planning out a least a little bit (he had a long drive across Texas to think about it). Bit scary for me I was in El Paso near there recently and in the past visiting the area of the DFW Metroplex where he lived (Taiwanese/ Japanese/ Asia areas are near).

2 Likes

A reminder to all, this shooter wrote a manifesto, as did the Christchurch shooter. This site will not be a for such host material and will be removed immediately (as will links to said material), as well as a timeout given to anyone posting the material.

Absolutely horrific, I can’t imagine the sadness and scale of those affected by this madness.

4 Likes

He fits the bill for a terrorist.

4 Likes

Wow, another one

The kid or Walmart? I was thinking last night that WM coming out and just outright banning the sale of weapons would be a good response to this. Obviously can’t rely on the government to do anything sensible.

I’m sorry to hear that. This one is devastating. We ALL shop at WM.

1 Like

I’m sorry but I am unaware of this rule. Can we discuss what was IN the very loosely define said Manifesto?

I’m loath to give this shooter a platform for his warped idea’s. That would seem to be the point of him writing a manifesto in the first place. It’s widely available to those who want to find it, but my thoughts are with the innocent victims today and the families, friends and communities that are going to have to deal with the pain this asshole inflicted so much suffering upon.

Twitter is all ablaze with people pointing fingers, at gun laws, at Trump or the NRA. His manifesto is much the same as the shooter in Christchurch which means there is something for everyone in there, everyone can blame and point fingers at the other for being the cause.

If something is relevant to the discussion at hand (i.e. someone is making sweeping generalizations) I wouldn’t object to a quote from his manifesto that prove his thoughts politically are all over the map.

A sick and evil man.

The manifesto (Not yet confirmed to be his at this time) blames Hispanics and first gen Americans for taking away jobs and such. He is from Plano, where I lived. And he lived in Allen texas last. The immigrants and first gen americans who dominate that area are Asian Americans. Plano senior high’s valedictorians are almost always asian american. Plano is in sister city with Hsinchu and Dallas with Taipei. Lots of Taiwanese there and Asian Americans particularly of Chinese and Taiwanese background concentrate in the much more affluent part of west Plano.

Hispanics there are usually in the poorer parts of east plano.

1 Like

Yes Evil young man. Not sure he lived in Allen, used the address to go to college in the county.

The manifesto (Not yet confirmed to be his at this time) blames Hispanics and first gen Americans for taking away jobs and such. He is from Plano, where I lived. And he lived in Allen texas last. The immigrants and first gen americans who dominate that area are Asian Americans. Plano senior high’s valedictorians are almost always asian american. Plano is in sister city with Hsinchu and Dallas with Taipei. Lots of Taiwanese there and Asian Americans particularly of Chinese and Taiwanese background concentrate in the much more affluent part of west Plano.

Hispanics there are usually in the poorer parts of east plano.
[/quote]

[/quote]

That’s extrapolating a bit. First generation Americans could be anyone but he specifically targeted Hispanics or else he would of gone to a Chinese hyper market. Obviously the white supremacists don’t like anyone even other whites unless like minded. However, I don’t think East Asians have ever been a specific target. In fact they are admired by many white supremacists for their largely homogeneous societies , Japan, Korea , Taiwan etc. I can remember the government of Taiwan angrily rebutting claims by Anders Brevik that Taiwan was one of the societies he admired.
Brevik and Taiwan

Publishing the murderers names and faces but scrubbing the internet of such manifestos, like happened in Christchurch, results in everybody being able to more freely make assertions that whoever disagrees with them politically was mentioned in the document, spreads conspiracy theories and elevates the profile of the murderer in the minds of some.

Bad ideas should be made public, discussed and mocked.

1 Like

Indeed. But these manifestos may be disingenuous. Can’t rule out the nihilist murder troll theory.

Many expressions of alleged ideas are so incoherent they don’t qualify as ideas. merely verbiage. That last manifesto wasn’t far removed from word salad. It had a random cut-and-paste feel to it.

1 Like