El Paso

Never the less, it was the Christchurch shooters manifesto it would seem, that most inspired the El Paso shooter. :idunno:

Sure. He’s been living in Texas and the border situation has been more and more inflamed over the past four administrations with little resolution. He may have been listening to the old farts around him, seen the writing on the wall that nothing was ever going to happen to stem the tide of illegal crossings and snapped. It will be a significant discovery if they find that he was led astray by inflamed political rhetoric…which on the face of his scribblings seems to at least be possible.

1 Like

That’s when they lose all power.

It’s nearly impossible to read such documents and not come away with the opinion the writers are operating with a triple digit IQ.

Inspired which part? Shooting at a soft target? Maybe. Muslim immigration? Maybe.

An ideology, I am going on what I have read, these were both 8chan posters, in a sub culture I am not familiar with where nothing in their manifesto can be taken at face value. A world of trolls, in the Christchurch manifesto there seemed a genuine attempt to pit various groups against each other, meaning there was no truth to be found in the manifesto only a means to get society to let rip at each other. To what end? I don’t know and don’t want to explore that rabbit hole.

Sadly, no. Verbiage expresses emotions, and emotions are far more powerful than ideas.

Completely unrelated: the Dayton shooter supported Antifa. and Antifa is ideologically nonsensical. It’s purely about the fun of beating people up. The rest is just words strung together.

Man is not a rational animal. He is at best a rationalizing animal.

The guy in Ohio apparently among the dead was his sister! Peoples thoughts are how does a parent handle the fact they have just lost a daughter to a mass shooting event only to learn later their son was responsible for the mass shooting.

Therein I would suggest might be an answer, he wanted to inflict as much pain on his parents as possible (for whatever reason). I heard he voiced support for Elizabeth Warren, I don’t like her policies but she has nothing to do do with this terrorist. I don’t particularly like Antifa either, but wouldn’t associate them with this either.

He is the one responsible, only him. You and I will never fathom why he did what he did, because what he did is unthinkable to you and I.

Leftism doesn’t make people crazy. Being crazy makes people leftist.

(Being stupid also does it, but being crazy makes them act out in violent ways.)

Borderline temp post, the same gross generalizations can be made of those on the right. People on these forums obviously identify as being left leaning, I would suggest avoiding the gross generalizations.

I will leave this as a public service announcement. “Republicans/Democrats are (insert pejorative term)” don’t tend to be conducive to polite debate. I tend to overlook it if it’s a once or twice, but if it get’s repetitive and from the same poster, I will start to temp the post. That applies equally to left/right doing this. Basically its a form of trolling you know you are getting under the skin of people who post here.

1 Like

He is apparently an eco white supremacist. It’s a new thing who believes in global warming.

Dude, he’s all over the place. Any angsty high school junior could written that piece of crap.

While I agree with you that the ultimate responsibility of a shooting resides in the shooter, we need to look at the root, underlying causes. When a white-supremacist shoots up a place, the media has no problem laying the door at the foot of Trump, other conservative politicians or pundits, or the GOP in general. When a leftist does it, such connections are rejected out-of-hand.

I believe that the mass shootings which are not committed by the insane or nihilists (i.e., committed against a specific group of people for their beliefs, race, religion, sex, etc.) are the result of a fractured society taught to view the world through identitarian lenses. This happens more often on the right than the left. The solution is to foster a society which respects the dignity of the individual, not one which seeks to divide people based on their membership to a class of people. In this respect, Warren is a big part of the problem. Of course, she isn’t responsible for the shooting, but I believe her politics contribute to environment which fosters it.

I haven’t read it, so I’ll take your word for it, as obviously you have.

Agree in the general.

Disagree related to this matter.

The writings of such people are not rational but the “IT’S TO DANGEROUS TO EVEN READ” reasoning give them far, far, far too much credit. Nobody who isn’t already of a mentally diminished capacity is going to be ‘inspired’ or ‘persuaded’ by such writings and such people probably aren’t going to get through the entire document anyway. I read the Christchurch manifesto before it was scrubbed - it was nonsensical, idiotic and entirely random and looked like a drunk person doing mad libs put it together but the press decided to report it as “it was purposefully trying to pit various groups against each other” and you immediately heard people repeat, in unison, “well, if it’s trying to pit people against each other, it must be banned”.
This kind of thinking is dangerous.

We’re treating such documents as if they were the writing of a great mind, writings that are so persuasive as to convince people who read them to go out and attack others.

Again, bad ideas should be made public, discussed and mocked. If there is anything ‘inspiring’ for dangerous, murderous minds, it’s that they will be thought of in such a manner if they leave such a document behind instead of as the fucking retards they are, idiots who were unable to string together a coherent sentence.

2 Likes

An assertion about a hypothesis about a guess.

Nothing was ‘inspiring’ about the Christchurch document if it had actually been released.

Hell, when did ‘people may get dangerous ideas if they read this’ become a thing? Looking at my bookshelves, I see copies of the Communist Manifesto, Mao’s Little Red Book, The Bible, and The Koran, all of which have ‘inspired’ the murders of millions. All are, and should be, legal.

The Unabomber’s Manifesto is really, really well-written. Obviously the work of a brilliant, though troubled mind. It’s available on Amazon.

I have. Twice. It made less sense the second time. I figure that’s the trend with these kind of things.

Yes he could gone after Asian Americans near him, as well Hispanics nearby. But for some reason he drove all the way to El Paso which is very long drive.