Election in Ukraine / bare breast protest

[quote=“fred smith”]Sorry MT:

I missed the tits… You are right…

Europe is worth about as much given its whorish prostratation… what is the point of caring about a continent that is “incontinent.” Let’s dissolve NATO now. No point in maintaining the facade… but at least there are tits. While I once believed that we had a shared view of the world from cultural/civilizational sources, I am forced to admit that Europe is no longer worth “saving.” Let it die on the vine. We can visit its monuments much like we visit the Acropolis and Colisseum. Remnants of a dead civilization. Hand me the shovel. The corpse already is too much a stench in my nostrils… Good bye and farewell fair friend… but you are dead… and I no longer mourn you…[/quote]

Ey! I am boarding my plane tomorrow to for a vacation home and it usually smells less than here. Wait with your drivel until after my vacation! :cactus:

Wait… smily of sorts… :s … no … this one … :wink:

Have a fun trip back to Hanover. Hope that it is not too cold. As to the tenor of the remarks, had just been to Shakespeare and wanted to give full range to my “expression.”

Now, Turkey and Ukraine are different than Lithuania, Poland or Greece precisely because they are geostrategic pins. This means that they have an inordinate amount of influence on the shifting tides of power. For Europe to ignore Belarus and Finland is one thing, to ignore Turkey (regardless of the issue of its Muslim population) or Ukraine (despite its economic and political backwardness) is a sheer sign of incompetence, laziness or and inability to act. Yet, I expect that France will take a far greater interest in Haiti (irrelevant), Britain will continue to concern itself with Sierra Leone or Zimbabwe (outdated concepts of nobless oblige), Germany will focus on other precious matters like global warming over its immediate strategic best interests, Italy will look to spending more money that it does not have while nonentities like Greece and Portugal seems to matter only when they are destroying the very Eurozone that they never belonged in in the first place. But back to Turkey and Ukraine. They do matter. They matter disproportionately. I wonder… is it considered too “imperial” to discuss this or bad taste or are Europeans afraid of the Russians to the point where they would rather pretend that such matters did not, er, matter?

Fred: I love how you philosophise with a hammer, so to speak.

Thanks. And… I think it is basically incompetence. So many leaders talking and negotiating, in the end just something arbitrary happens. And they seem to shy away from new subjects like Ukraine as decision processes are so difficult. I guess. Maybe not. Anyway, I am on vacation.

Be sure and go horseback riding in the Luneberg Heide for me… I do miss it so… and the fine restaurants in Hamburg… hell even the herring sandwiches at the train station washed down with a rough and ready Gruner Veltliner… but … here I am … again… philosophizing with a hammer… haha

Have a fun vacation and think of me… that should take the enjoyment out of your trip!

Love Fred