Election of the Day đź—ł

Since @the_bear asked…

I thought, damn, we need a new “of the Day” thread! :grinning:

It looks like you just missed the Egyptian parliamentary election and the Burmese general election, but results should be in for the Bihar Legislative Assembly any moment now, and you can still catch the Bosnian municipal elections this weekend! :rainbow:

2 Likes

Oh man I’ve been on tenterhooks waiting for this one!

That Bihar race is real interesting. A lot to play for. But you’d have to expect the grand alliance will get back in.

Let’s keep the discussion friendly on this guys. I’m looking at you, RJD bad mashes.

1 Like

Some commentators have gone so far as to say that democracy hangs in the balance.

1 Like

Let’s all get a head start on this. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

https://tw.forumosa.com/t/canadian-federal-election-2021-how-to-vote-while-abroad/211190

Parliamentary elections of Iceland are being held today!

1 Like

Go PĂ­ratar!

Tomorrow: Germany. Without pirate involvement most likely, but with a nice choice of three major parties’ top candidates:

one guy with deep involvement in the two biggest German financial scandals of recent times, as well as having pushed illegal torture of drug dealing suspects

another guy, apart from other scandals, having pushed the police to illegally and brutally remove protesters from a forest about to be sacrificed for an open pit coal mining operation (resulting in the death of one protester, and including illegally using the armed forces against the own citizens in form of fighter jet flyovers). And having been proven lying about the reasons to do so (it was a favour to the energy company running the mine).

and one woman that didn’t have so many scandals yet (most extreme accusation is not having marked quotes in a scientifically correct way… In a non-scientific book she wrote, and having some inaccuracies in her rather short résumé), but she runs for a party that endorsed the first illegal war Germany went into since ww2 (the party ironically having been born out of the peace movement).

October 8/9 then Czech Republic, go Česká pirátská strana!

2 Likes

“It’s going to be an expensive day for Budgy Smuggler.”

1 Like

And kicked the Liberal Party out too.

2 Likes