Election results 2016

yeah, at first I thought they were playing the song from the new hope

but I bet Tsai probably will have silly dramatic music playing as she speaks later…

That Kpop star disaster yesterday worked out well…probably more effective than the 2 bullets ages ago.
I still feel terrible for the girl though.

I was hoping that the Green/social democrats party could get more than 5% but well…I guess this is still TW after all.

[quote=“hansioux”]
Right now it’s between PeregrineFalcon’s Tsai 57%, Chu 30%, Soong 13% and Gain’s Tsai 63%, Chu 33%, Song 4%.[/quote]

As long as they don’t spend the next four years changing names and re-instituting Tongyong Pinyin…

As long as they don’t spend the next four years changing names and re-instituting Tongyong Pinyin…[/quote]

They need to do away with household registration, farmer’s and fishermen’s associations. They also need to rectify the Referendum Act and the Civil Servants Election And Recall Act. Hopefully in the not too far future, Taiwan’s politics will be dominated by a wide array of pro-independence smaller parties each focusing on some social or economic issues, instead of getting bogged down with national identity.

Oh, and they need to establish Aboriginal autonomy, give Aboriginals their own council responsible for their own budget, and make all native languages national languages.

Why would a party that is based on promoting the identity of the people who stole aboriginal land do that?
No party in Taiwan really supports aboriginal people, as that would mean taking farmland away and re-distributing assets stolen by Hoklo.

DPP & NPP will easily break 70 seats in the LY.

Why would a party that is based on promoting the identity of the people who stole aboriginal land do that?
No party in Taiwan really supports aboriginal people, as that would mean taking farmland away and re-distributing assets stolen by Hoklo.[/quote]

DDP has been pushing for the national languages act since 2008. The act was blocked repeatedly by the KMT. DPP’s aboriginal autonomy act also included a budget, KMT’s did not, even though they have most of the aboriginal legislator seats.

[quote=“hansioux”]
DDP have been pushing for the national languages act since 2008. The act was block repeatedly by the KMT. DPP’s aboriginal autonomy act also included a budget, KMT’s did not, even though they have most of the aboriginal legislator seats.[/quote]
I’d be over the moon if Taiwanese would be listed as an official language. I don’t even speak it that much anymore (only to my grandparents) but having another official language (or several different ones like Hakka and stuff) is just awesome.

The guy from Chothonic won. Hau out. Any news on White Wolf and other colorful characters?

If the NPP ever needs to boycott a motion, I wish Freddy would go up to the podium and sing death metal for 3 hours straight. That would be the coolest boycott ever in the history of this planet.

yeah, at first I thought they were playing the song from the new hope, but I bet Tsai probably will have silly dramatic music playing as she speaks later…[/quote]

they were playing land of hope and glory and amazing grace as Tsai walked onto the stage… so bizarre…

What a collapse.

Any good sites to follow results as they being posted? Other than the indispensable forumosa.com, of course. :smiley:

Guy

As a supporter of the KMT, I am so disappointed. As a citizen of the Republic of China, I could not be more proud.

To Dr. Sun Yat-sen: we have arrived at your dream.

To the Generalissimo: rest in peace.

To President Chiang Ching-kuo: I am Taiwanese, too.

[quote=“afterspivak”]Any good sites to follow results as they being posted? Other than the indispensable forumosa.com, of course. :smiley:

Guy[/quote]

These are the official results: cec.gov.tw/en/index.html

I expect the DPP wont be very foreigner friendly in terms of policies. It goes against their xenophobic southern base. I am not saying that I dislike Tsai, but I dislike who her party represents.

The honeymoon will be over soon and reality will set in. China will likely get pissed and restart missile testing again once pro independence rhetoric gets ratcheted up to appease the rabid base. 4 years later the KMT will get back in when the people see Taiwan change as nothing more than a failed slogan.

Edit: rearranging sentences.

[quote=“dan2006”]
I expect the DPP wont be very foreigner friendly in terms of policies. It goes against their xenophobic southern base.

The honeymoon will be over soon and when reality sets in, everyone will return en mass to the KMT 4 years from now.[/quote]
The honeymoon will be over soon, but not everyone will return en mass to the KMT 4 years from now.

The KMT is racist, the DPP xenophobic. We furriners, until we reach a critical mass in numbers, must rely on ourselves.

The Taiwanese are clever and this bipartisan mambo won’t fly.

I hope this continues to progress until we see pro-Taiwan vs pro-Taiwan parties in the near future. The Legislative take-over was historical and vital. Taiwan should be able to freely trade with the rest of the world and rely less on China. Less pro-China influence and corruption.

If the NPP ever needs to boycott a motion, I wish Freddy would go up to the podium and sing death metal for 3 hours straight. That would be the coolest boycott ever in the history of this planet.[/quote]
Indeed. :smiley: