Election thread No 37b (was: The speaker trucks are here!)

I’ve been thinking the same thing for a while now. It’ll be interesting to see how “313” turns out. I think if it falls to pieces, the KMT are going to start getting very desperate.

I don’t think that the KMT has anything to follow the “hand-in hand” act. Impossible to steal that thunder.
What could they do? Form an island-long human bribery chain – each person passes a hungbao to the next person? An islandwide “beat your loved one” human chain: “At exactly 3:30pm, everyone turn to the person on you left and give him a good smack upside the head.”

They will just stand around waving flowers and sing songs that people don’t know the lyrics to.

Maoman wrote:

Start? I think they have been looking pretty desperate since 2-28 and this Hitler ad and the frenzy of promotion for their 3-13 demonstration are further signs.

wolf_reinhold wrote:

[quote]“What could they do? Form an island-long human bribery chain – each person passes a hungbao to the next person? An islandwide “beat your loved one” human chain: "At exactly 3:30pm, everyone turn to the person on you left and give him a good smack upside the head.

They will just stand around waving flowers and sing songs that people don’t know the lyrics to.”[/quote]

Kudos wolf_reinhold, that’s one of the best posts I’ve read in a while and one of the few that have made me laugh out loud in quite a while. Gotta watch doin’ that in the office though.

[quote=“wolf_reinhold”]Interlocutor wrote:
But I have found everyone I have discussed politics with to be reasonable.

[quote]

Let me introduce you to my wife…