Election troubles? What do you do next?

40 airplanes
100 + vehicles
3000 + in the entourage
150 + journolistas
500 + grand hotel rooms
US$200,000,000.00 a day costs

Fuck it, they owe me…I’m goin to India

So, the election went badly for the current POTUS. A complete rejection of his agenda by the American populace. He is looking at being severely curtailed in his efforts. So…what does he do?
Does he speak of hearing the voices of America? Does he tell his group to act on the wishes of the populace he is supposed to represent? Does he offer plans to stop the massive spending and get jobs and economic growth back in the America Republic he serves?

Nope, him and his posse are jetting off to India for …for what?

Meanwhile, back at home…

[quote]“What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.”
Albert Pike, American Lawyer, Journalist and Soldier, 1809-1891[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeg389PN3_U&feature=player_embedded

[quote]Congratulations America. You have just experienced another free, open and peaceful election. Thank a soldier!

Yesterday, amid the swirl of midterm election news, it was announced that President Obama’s trip to Mumbai, India would cost $200 million per day. His retinue includes 3,000 people including Secret Service agents, US government officials and journalists, 40 aircraft, and three Marine One choppers that will be disassembled in the US, flown to Mumbai, and reassembled in India to ferry the president and his family and to evacuate them in case of any emergency. Also included is military personnel to ensure his safety.

He has reserved the entire Taj Mahal Hotel. All 570 odd rooms, banquet halls, restaurants, etc. In addition to hundreds of rooms in other 5 star hotels around Mumbai. Obviously no expense will be spared.[/quote]

[quote]America is in a deep recession. So many are suffering. Budget cuts have been made to police, firefighters, teachers and schools. Deep, painful cuts. Yet President and Mrs. Obama party on. They seem to be oblivious to the plight of ordinary Americans. But the worst cut of all is the lack of funding for our wounded warriors and their families. These brave men and women deserve our support. Many return from serving our country emotionally battered, missing limbs, blind, crippled, and unable to easily integrate back into society. Their families, in many cases, are overwhelmed by their needs.

How is it that they are reduced to begging for donations on television? I’m certain you’ve seen the ad. The one with Trace Atkins crooning, “Say a prayer for peace.”; that have interviews with wounded soldiers struggling to regain their lives and their dignity. They are the best of us. Their courage, in the face of such adversity, is a testament to their character and determination.

John Melea, with the assistance of family and friends, has formed a wonderful and worthy organization called the Wounded Warrior Project. The Wounded Warrior Project was formed in 2002 to fill a need and is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to “honor and empower wounded warriors” of the United States Armed Forces.” The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) works to raise awareness and enlist the public’s aid for the needs of severely injured service men and women, to help severely injured service members aid and assist each other, and to provide unique, direct programs and services to meet their needs.” If you wish you may donate here.

Their motto is “The greatest casualty is being forgotten.”
As Americans we enjoy unprecedented freedoms. At times it seems that we take those freedoms for granted. We shouldn’t. Many lives have been lost and irrevocably changed protecting those freedoms. Never forget.

What say you Mr. President?[/quote]
Residents trip to cost $200,000,000.00 per day

Is this the thanks these Soldiers deserve?

See also: Republican Revolution, 1994.

And how many years was Bill Clinton president?

The short-sightedness of the American electorate is astounding.

[quote=“waegookin”]See also: Republican Revolution, 1994.

The short-sightedness of the American electorate is astounding.[/quote]

Clinton brought us dotcom bust, and NAFTA (bipartisan effort). The democrats are as guilty of outsourcing as republicans are guilty of buying union votes.

[quote=“TaipeiD”][quote=“waegookin”]See also: Republican Revolution, 1994.

The short-sightedness of the American electorate is astounding.[/quote]

Clinton brought us dotcom bust, and NAFTA (bipartisan effort). The democrats are as guilty of outsourcing as republicans are guilty of buying union votes.[/quote]

I’m not a Democrat. Or a Republican. I think they’re all idiots, far be it from me to defend one or the other.

I’m just pointing out that American voters are fickle, and getting overly excited because of midterm elections is inadvisable. Especially considering that the Republicans didn’t even take all of Congress this year, just the House. That was my point in bringing up the Republican Revolution - the Republicans took the House AND the Senate in '94, and still couldn’t stop Clinton from taking a second term.

Just trying to inject some perspective.

Isn’t there a little blue pill that’s supposed to help if you get election problems?

NOT! They were pissed off at the fact that government spending hadn’t fixed the problem of persistent high unemployment, so many swing voters swang. And the real liberal activist type dems were demoralized by continuation of war in Afghanistan, lack of immigration reform etc and just didn’t vote.

As usual, you overstate your case in a smug and not-terribly-astute manner.

Anderson Cooper was just talking about this on CNN.

Apparently when US presidents go abroad, they don’t or can’t say how much they spend on a trip due to security concerns etc. The gov’t, while claiming that they can’t give a price tag, say that it is nowhere near $200,000,000 / day.

So, where did the $200,000,000 per day figure come from? They find out, after some tracing, that it came from some anonymous provincial Indian politician ( a top official of the Maharashtra Gov’t). And, uh, how the heck would he know?!

But I know Tainan Cowboy is all about the sources. So, perhaps he can tell us how we know this will cost $200,000,000/day.

[quote=“zender”]Anderson Cooper was just talking about this on CNN.

Apparently when US presidents go abroad, they don’t or can’t say how much they spend on a trip due to security concerns etc. The gov’t, while claiming that they can’t give a price tag, say that it is nowhere near $200,000,000 / day.

So, where did the $200,000,000 per day figure come from? They find out, after some tracing, that it came from some provincial Indian politician’s guess. And, uh, how the heck would he know?!

But I know Tainan Cowboy is all about the sources. So, perhaps he can tell us how we know this will cost $200,000,000/day.[/quote]
TC’s post is based on a partisan website. The article is so logically disjointed it’s hardly worth commenting on. Best to ignore these types of rants. The logic seems to be:

1. Make up a figure that the trip is costing
  2. Talk about wounded soldiers
  3. Decide Obama doesn’t care about wounded soldiers

There’s no logic to this. I’m all for questioning the president, but not based on the stupidity of some illogical rant. TC posts things that tend to get the dumb members of the Republican party all riled up. Notice that you never find educated conservatives writing to support such idiocy.
Edit: Let me try one…

1. Former President Bush gets a salary of $191,000 per year, plus about $95k/year in expenses.
  2. Each year, 40,000 women die of breast cancer in the US.
  3. George W. Bush doesn’t care about women with breast cancer.

[quote=“suiyuan31”][quote=“zender”]Anderson Cooper was just talking about this on CNN.

So, where did the $200,000,000 per day figure come from? They find out, after some tracing, that it came from some provincial Indian politician’s guess. And, uh, how the heck would he know?!

But I know Tainan Cowboy is all about the sources. So, perhaps he can tell us how we know this will cost $200,000,000/day.[/quote]
TC’s post is based on a partisan website. The article is so logically disjointed it’s hardly worth commenting on. Best to ignore these types of rants. The logic seems to be:

1. Make up a figure that the trip is costing
  2. Talk about wounded soldiers
  3. Decide Obama doesn’t care about wounded soldiers

There’s no logic to this. I’m all for questioning the president, but not based on the stupidity of some illogical rant. TC posts things that tend to get the dumb members of the Republican party all riled up. Notice that you never find educated conservatives writing to support such idiocy.
Edit: Let me try one…

1. Former President Bush gets a salary of $191,000 per year, plus about $95k/year in expenses.
  2. Each year, 40,000 women die of breast cancer in the US.
  3. George W. Bush doesn’t care about women with breast cancer.[/quote]

I’ll give it a go:

During the Iraqi civil war, President Bush asked Condi Rice to visit Baghdad.
Condi Rice went to Baghdad.
Bush cares nothing about the safety concerns of blacks in the inner-cities.

[quote=“zender”]Anderson Cooper was just talking about this on CNN.

So, where did the $200,000,000 per day figure come from? They find out, after some tracing, that it came from some anonymous provincial Indian politician ( a top official of the Maharashtra Gov’t). And, uh, how the heck would he know?!

Heck No, Air Force One alone cost no where near $2 Million Dollars per day. It can’t possibly cost the govt $200 Million dollars a day to send a president overseas, unless you include foreign aids we’re handing over to these arab countries and isreal every year (upwards of $10-20 billion dollars in total).

But we do know Michelle Obama’s entourage cost roughly $10,000 per day.

Maybe the Indian official meant rupees not dollars.

This article appears to be the source of the $200,000,000.00 per day figure.
US to spend $200 mn a day on Obama’s Mumbai visit
As there is a comparison cost in Rupees it leads one to think the figure cited is U.S. dollars.
I’m certainly open to anyone with a verifiable alternate cost if there are doubts about this amount. Time and energy better spent, IMO, than bitchy little personal attacks.

The operating cost of Air Force One is approximately U.S. $33,000.00 per hour all costs involved totaled. That figure pops to mind from an aviation website. The hourly rates for the other a/c, which include a great number of 747’s, are lower, but still over U.S.$18,000.00 per hour.
How about that “carbon footprint”? Does anyone think algore is giving him a break on “carbon credits”?

As to the site with the Wounded Warrior story - it seems to have made some “uncomfortable”…deal with it. Its a good organization and could use some help.

Perhaps an explanation of the rationale behind the current POTUSs’ trip to India:
President Obama’s Trip to India…if something better or more fleshed out comes up I’ll post it on here.

edit:

Oops…neglected to add this link to a British news daily.
‘$200m-a-day’ cost of Barack Obama’s trip to India will be picked up by U.S. taxpayers…might not be on the "approved reading list though…

The Snopes site says it’s probably false.
snopes.com/politics/obama/india.asp

who knows? maybe Helicopter Ben went alone to drop hundred dollar bills, from a converted airforce hercules.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]

Oops…neglected to add this link to a British news daily.
‘$200m-a-day’ cost of Barack Obama’s trip to India will be picked up by U.S. taxpayers…might not be on the "approved reading list though…[/quote]

Gee, i thought we’re only supposed to read indian newspapers.

It finally made it to Fact Check.

factcheck.org/2010/11/ask-factch … to-mumbai/
In other words, only a real moron would believe it. Like Michele Bachmann.

[quote=“Dr. McCoy”]It finally made it to Fact Check.

factcheck.org/2010/11/ask-factch … to-mumbai/
In other words, only a real moron would believe it. Like Michele Bachmann.[/quote]
Well, look at origin of the OP :whistle:
How does anyone look at that $200,000,000 figure and even begin to remotely think it’s possible. To all of those who did believe it, I know about this investment…you could make 200 katrillion dollars for a small donation to my company :laughing:

Gotta love the Rush Limbaugh followers…they just get crazier and crazier every year.

Only a fanatic with the slenderest threshold of credulity would believe this rubbish.

Yikes! This should be merged with the Dumb Things Americans Believe thread:
:laughing:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=90994

You guys should refrain from the “bitchy little personal attacks” - TC is not a bitch, nor little, and never, ever engages in personal attacks… :ponder: