Electric Blanket

Enough already…these cold nights are killing me.

Where can I get an electric blanket? And what would the written Chinese be for that?

I must admit I’m a little cautious about many ‘made in Asia’ electrical appliances - let alone to sleep on one…but what the heck!

Thanks all!

dian4tan3 電毯

[quote=“BlackAdder”]Enough already…these cold nights are killing me.

Where can I get an electric blanket? And what would the written Chinese be for that?

I must admit I’m a little cautious about many ‘made in Asia’ electrical appliances - let alone to sleep on one…but what the heck!

Thanks all![/quote]

Get a cat. Much safer.

Seriously. Most of the “blankets” in the market are true killers. Most of them do not have any government inspection, of of those who have, 3 out of 4 have failed.

Please have a look at the “I’m Cold and this weather blows” thread where other safer suggestions -like stand alone heaters- are given.

I second that. Adding one or two more blankets is cheaper initially, cheaper in the long run (it saves on electricity), greener, and safer. Adding one or two lovers is greener too, but not necessarily cheaper or safer.

This has been covered but I guess I am a bit empathetic. First, the little stand alone heater. Second, go to RT Mart and get a “Woolrich” comforter. I bought 2. One for the top of the mattress and one for a blanket. My bed is a 5 so I bought a five for under my bottom sheet and a 6 for the blanket. Also pick up a couple duvets for the blanket. I had just ridden from Lishan to Hukou in one day in the drizzle rain and was soaked to the bone. Terribly miserable night that night but I solved the problem the next day. Best buy I have ever made. I think I paid 2,000 each for the comforters. That was about 6 years ago so they be a bit more now but I see them at Tuchen RT Mart on sale sometimes. I just haven’t checked the price recently.
BTW, my friend who just moved to Sheesmaref, Alaska (Arctic Circle) from Hsinchu was so cold that she had some fur lined knickers custom made. Says her ass has never been warmer.

We have a little electric heating pad that we were trying to give away. It was for my husband’s grandma. It’s about the size of a pillow. I also have a hot water bottle, from the UK. If you want either or both, PM me. I would suggest turning the heating pad on when you are not in the bed and turning it off before you get in. When I was a kid, my electric blanket caught fire, it was very scary but luckily we had two pure-wool blankets over it so the whole bed didn’t go up in flames.