Electric guitar as hand luggage

They made me ship my tennis rackets once because they said it could have been a possible weapon ( British airways) and my friend had to ship his skateboard … so it’s very possible. I would buy a hard case for it just in case they want you to ship instead of taking it on board. Better safe than sorry.

stang

Mahogany body. Might paint it a color some day.

Everything I’ve read seems to concur with what was said about asking to put it in the closet. Never done it myself.

Phase switches?

EDIT: I like it btw. If I had time and wanted to spend a bit of money, I would build something with natual finish and wooden knobs.

Yeah, phase switches. can sound kind of nasally and I like it with distortion.

If you haven’t already, check out Talaluki guitars, from Taidong. Beautiful and unique. Made from driftwood, I think.

Cool. I dont’ know if you noticed them, but there are two small metal switches on mine: one is for putting the neck humbucker in series/parallel, and the other one is for putting in phase or out of phase neck and bridge.

Will check those later, kinda busy today!

Looks nice.

It is nice.

For the record I will fly with Air China… let’s see how that turns out. If anybody has any experience or advice, please share.

Air China?! Oh no! :noway:

I used twice and was really unhappy with it. Bad service and bad aircraft. I felt like I was traveling in a bus with no space for my legs. :no_no:

And get ready for the company of very noisy passengers. Maybe because it’s a cheap airline, it attracts all kinds of strange and low educated passengers. :doh: Yelling from one corner to another, frequently changing seats and so on… I even remember one passenger throwing peanuts across the aircraft to call attention of another passenger that wasn’t responding when called upon. :runaway:

I’m short, if you can cancel you ticket and select a different airline, do it. Otherwise, good luck! :idunno:

Thanks for the suggestion, but it’s a bit late. It was also the cheapest flight and I have lots of bills and expenses these months :frowning:

I think I took I before (I’d say I’ve taken all the whatever China whatever companies!), and yeah, I think I wasn’t happy with the experience… but this time the flight seems to be much shorter than other times, and well, IF they let me take the guitar with me, then I don’t care about anything else. But let’s see if they let me do it!

I hope they let you take the guitar. You’re gonna need it to protect yourself from drunken morons.