Electric scooters ? (not motorcycle)

Hi Everyone,

Know any shop where i can test and buy an electric scooter ? I’m not talking about electric motorbike, but the ones where you stand up and kick with your feet (e.g. ninebot or xiaomi. it looks like this: example

Thanks for suggestions! tried to look on google but only seem to find gogoro shops etc…

Is there a particular brand you want?

I wanted a minimotors so I got mine from their Taichung importer

They also have a branch in Neihu if you’re in Taipei.

yeah i’m in Taipei.
I was thinking Ninebot and Xiaomi, haven’t heard of minimotors but will have a look at this brand.
Thanks for the link

Only 14kg and 55kph :sunglasses:

Theres a place in Shilin District, on Jihe Road:

Also this place

RIDER 睿德智趣
02 2586 8995

thanks! this Rider shop seems to be exactly what im looking for !

Just yesterday I went through the Dajr Tunnel from NeiHu towards ShiLin and there was a guy on one of these with his kid in front of him motoring thro the tunnel at about 40kph. It looked utterly terrifying, no helmets, too fast, no lights honestly it is one of the few times I would have liked to see the Police stop someone.

I borrowed one of those scooters from my neighbor to help him run some errands. You have to wear helmets on them. The acceleration was too stiff honestly (but there is a way to adjust that). What are the range on them? Could I commute in Taipei with them? He said it takes like 8 hours to charge them.

Mine has a range of 35-40km (although not at full speed) and charges in 4 hours on the slow charger or 1.5 with the fast.

How can they go 55kph? Aren’t these electric things limited to like 25kph?

The general ones yes, usually limited to 25kph.

But you can get much faster ones than that, there are even ones that can reach 110kph!

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/33046540700.html

I would have loved to get that, but because I live on the 5th floor with no elevator, I’m not carrying 60kg up and down every time I want to use it :rofl:

What are the rules about them, actually?
Most seem used on sidewalks by mums with small kids, but…
age ? helmet? number of passengers? which part (or not) to use of the street?

I don’t know either but it seems in order for it to be operated without a license and able to go on sidewalks, they are limited to 25kph. But there are secret buttons somewhere that you can override them (that is not advertised so as to get past the license requirement). But I would think cops would pull anyone over riding those at 100kph or over! But I guess they hardly ever do that.

Oops, I just created a new topic for this. Not sure why when you search “electric scooter” in the search bar it’s not on the first page of search results. it’s more pertinent than some of the other threads that show up.

Anyway, any new places to get these? Anyone know the legalities? Thanks!