Electrical Consumption Q

I’m wondering what the monthly difference to my electricity bill would be of having a 45.5W appliance running for 24/7 as opposed to an 80W one … ?

Sorry, I’m not sure on how this is calculated and what the rate per unit is in Taiwan. Anyone got experience with this?

Thanks in advance!

teggs

[quote=“teggs”]I’m wondering what the monthly difference to my electricity bill would be of having a 45.5W appliance running for 24/7 as opposed to an 80W one … ?

Sorry, I’m not sure on how this is calculated and what the rate per unit is in Taiwan. Anyone got experience with this?

Thanks in advance!

teggs[/quote]

You monthly bill would roughly be 43.125% lower.

[quote=“ratlung”][quote=“teggs”]I’m wondering what the monthly difference to my electricity bill would be of having a 45.5W appliance running for 24/7 as opposed to an 80W one … ?

Thanks in advance!

teggs[/quote]

You monthly bill would roughly be 43.125% lower.[/quote]

Yeah, I can do percentages bro …

The problem with your solution is that you’re assuming the appliance is the only thing I have that uses electricity. :blush:

Any more realistic ideas?

Edit: Just re-read this post. It seems a little cynical second time around … no offense intended.

The info concerning rates is on this webpage…the calculation is complicated…

taipower.com.tw/eng/househol … mption.htm

[quote=“teggs”][quote=“ratlung”][quote=“teggs”]I’m wondering what the monthly difference to my electricity bill would be of having a 45.5W appliance running for 24/7 as opposed to an 80W one … ?

Thanks in advance!

teggs[/quote]

You monthly bill would roughly be 43.125% lower.[/quote]

Yeah, I can do percentages bro …

The problem with your solution is that you’re assuming the appliance is the only thing I have that uses electricity. :blush:

Any more realistic ideas?

Edit: Just re-read this post. It seems a little cynical second time around … no offense intended.[/quote]

Oh, no offense taken, in fact I thought my answer was rather dumb, but I thought it was funny. Can’t you just look on your electrical bill to see how much 1 kWh costs and then do the math? I will check mine when I am home.

As a tip, you save 34.5W each our your new appliance runs. Those are 0.0345kW each hour or 0.828kW each day. This is not too much, and might not justify the purchase of a new device if the old one is still okay. But just multiply the 0.828kW by your price for one kWh and you should have your savings each day.

Somebody mentioned once that the price per kwh is about 7 NT. Would be 5,8 NT a day than, about 175 NT a month and 2100 NT a year.

“The price per kwh is more like NT$2.6 or something”, he guessed, randomly.

I heard they are fixing to raise the rates due to rising oil prices…