a new fuse box or circuit breaker… but some of these apartment have old wiring, that may give in before the fuse blows or the circuit breaker…so would it be better to check the wiring too?
My last apartment was wired in the 80’s when nobody thought of a microwave, kettle and other household applicances… one day while making my dinner, with the washing machine, microwave, refrigerator and water heater on… the really small gauge wire to the kitchen (back then they probably only ever thought it would only ever be used for a rice cooker) started to melt and smoulder… it was just behind the plug so I could pull out the wire.
There was some excess wire and cut off the wire and connect it to the plug. Another thing I noticed was that they didn’t used any conjuate for the wires, and the wires not did go vertically from the plug to the ceiling and back to the fuse box. The electrical wires were tacked on to the wall and plastered over. I never drilled a hole in any where in that place again.
They also seem to have no problem with putting mains sockets in bathrooms, or not grounding anything