Electronic Cigarettes / e-cigarrette

These would be quite usefull in Taiwan with the new smoking laws, they sell well in the UK and US but I havent seem them anywhere in Taiwan yet.
Anyone know of any shops / stores that sell these?

In case you were wondering what an e-cigarette is:

UK: smartsmoker.co.uk/
US: njoythefreedom.com/index.php
CN: ecigarettes.cn/ruyan-ecigarette-c-4.html

Seems most brands are manufactured in mainland China, anyway it seems impossible to find anywhere selling these in Taiwan.

Did you ever find a place? I’m looking at the moment too!

I’d like some electric koolaide.

Just wondering if Electronic Cigarettes are available in Taiwan?

I learn sth. new each passing day…ecigarettes!

We saw that last year on a HK tradeshow, never smoked so no idea if that concept works…lol

My buddy recently went back to the USA and told me that “vaping” was the latest rage for people trying to quit smoking. He previously was a heavy smoker, but now has been off “analog” cigarettes for over a month. Has anyone had any experience with “e-cigarettes” in Taiwan or know where to purchase a kit? How about the legal status of “vaping?”

WCIF… The e-cigarette, a remarkable device that simulates smoking a real cigarette so effectively that life-long smokers can switch without experiencing any cravings or symptoms of withdrawal.

alternet.org/drugs/149439/ar … age=entire

my bud Tim has been using his for over a year and so far its working. He no longer smokes cigs.

If you enter ‘electronic cigarette’ in the search function, an existing thread comes up. Please be sure to run a search before starting new threads – thanks! :slight_smile:

I’m now selling e-cigs in my shop here in Taipei: www.sterlingtavern.com

You can see the type at shining-global.com (SGE407) or premiumecigarette.com (PR-110). The starter kits are NTD$1988 each, which includes 2 batteries, 5 cartomizers, USB adapter and charger, and instruction book. Replacement cartomizers are NTD$90 each, or 5/400. (Each cartomizer is equal to about 1.5 packs of “analog” cigarettes.)

We currently have cartomizers in Menthol and Tobacco flavors, but will add other flavors in the future. (We have four different levels of nicotine strength: 0mg, 6mg, 11mg, and 16mg.) We have demo-models on display at the Tavern, so you can try before you buy. Hurry, while supplies last! :wink:

[quote=“taiwanjohn”]I’m now selling e-cigs in my shop here in Taipei: sterlingtavern.com

You can see the type at shining-global.com (SGE407) or premiumecigarette.com (PR-110). The starter kits are NTD$1988 each, which includes 2 batteries, 5 cartomizers, USB adapter and charger, and instruction book. Replacement cartomizers are NTD$90 each, or 5/400. (Each cartomizer is equal to about 1.5 packs of “analog” cigarettes.)

We currently have cartomizers in Menthol and Tobacco flavors, but will add other flavors in the future. (We have four different levels of nicotine strength: 0mg, 6mg, 11mg, and 16mg.) We have demo-models on display at the Tavern, so you can try before you buy. Hurry, while supplies last! ;-)[/quote]
I’m very interested. What time do you open? I couldn’t find the hours of operation anywhere. I’ve been reading up on these things. There seems to be a whole subculture springing up. People vaping. I hear it works well with hash oil.

Sorry, I’ve got a designer friend working on a new website layout. I’ll make sure the hours are posted!

Anyway, the hours are: 12:00-21:00 (Sun/Mon); 12:00-23:30 (Tue-Sat). We often stay open much later on Tue-Sat evenings… for example, I’m writing this from the Tavern right now, and it’s 3:25am…

Haven’t heard anything about hash oil in e-cigs… but it sounds interesting. :wink:

–jrd

[quote=“stevef”]WCIF… The e-cigarette, a remarkable device that simulates smoking a real cigarette so effectively that life-long smokers can switch without experiencing any cravings or symptoms of withdrawal.

alternet.org/drugs/149439/ar … age=entire[/quote]

Well they will still be addicted to nicotine I guess, but yeah better than regular cigarattes, nice business model when your customers are addicts…

[quote=“headhonchoII”][quote=“stevef”]WCIF… The e-cigarette, a remarkable device that simulates smoking a real cigarette so effectively that life-long smokers can switch without experiencing any cravings or symptoms of withdrawal.

alternet.org/drugs/149439/ar … age=entire[/quote]

Well they will still be addicted to nicotine I guess, but yeah better than regular cigarattes, nice business model when your customers are addicts…[/quote]
That’s probably why the FDA still hasn’t approved it in the US. They want to regulate it.

My bud, lifelong smoker has been on these electronic cigs for over a year without relapsing into cig smoking (although he says he craves smoking a real cig). And he was on the nicotine drops for only a short time. Now only using some flavored drops without nicotine. So it does work.

Which one is he into, ‘strawberry highs’ or ‘magical mint’ ?

Will have to ask him.

I’ve been on e-cigs for about a week now. No smoking other kinds of cigs. It’s kind of fun.