Elementary school rape case chills nation

What were the bystanders thinking? They just watched without informing the teachers? Even worse, they were providing instructions and encouragement :noway: And the girl keeps playing with the attackers?

Should parents start giving their kids mace spray and other protective items if administrators are unable to prevent such attacks and the student peers seem unwilling (Confucian-style apathy I presume) to stop such attacks.

Shame on Hsinchu and the deadbeat parents of the attackers!!!

taiwannews.com.tw/etn/news_c … TAIWAN_eng

Where were the teachers and adult supervisors as she was being dragged to the bathroom? :fume:

Probably playing mahjong and drinking tea (like so many cops and government officials seem to enjoy)?

Sickening…absolutely sickening.

And I fully expect some to post on this thread trying to “explain and lessen” the actions of these rapist dirt monkeys.

The excuses made make me the angriest.

What do you guys think should happen to the students involved?

Quick edit: Or the parents of the students?

Well here I don’t know. There are not lock up treatment facilities like we have in the US. In the US I would say they should be put into treatment centers.

edit

[quote=“miltownkid”]What do you guys think should happen to the students involved?

Quick edit: Or the parents of the students?[/quote]

Personally, I think the Welfare department needs to take them away from their parents for a start. There should also be a courtcase. Minors may not be eligible for prison, but they sure as hell can put them in a reform school.
If nothing else, surely they should be expelled?

Just another indicator that these little f***ers are in dire need of having the hide smacked off their arses. Save the rod, spoil the child.

I’m saddened because I know that the girl won’t be able to get the mental health treatment that she would need to grow up without significant damage to her self image and world view.

This will be blamed on the victim, as usual. The rapists will get years of expensive counselling and the victim will be ostracised as a rape victim. Same old story… Like the way time and time again prostitutes in Taiwan are villified rather than their customers. Welcome to the Middle Ages.

[quote]
Police reportedly said that it is obvious the girl needs better sex education and care because she neither reported her misfortune to teachers, nor told her family members about her suffering, and even continued to play with the boys who raped and bullied her.[/quote]

There you go. A rough translation is “This sort of thing is perfectly normal. It is up to the girl to complain if she doesn’t like to participate in the rape culture we have going on here. How were we to know she wouldn’t like to be gang raped? Everyone else enjoyed it. I certainly did.”

We will also be told that the boys didn’t know they were doing something wrong. That’s always a good one. I wish we’d had that namby-pamby shit when I was a kid. I would have been stealing, fighting, and destroying things all round me if I’d known I could have got away with it. “But I didn’t know it was wrong! Tee hee.”

Next time you’re watching a Taiwanese soap, by the way, and a man and a woman have an argument, notice that it inevitably ends in the man striking the woman, then saying sorry, and the woman forgives him. This is the cultural norm, imported from Japan. It’s actually very similar in China. Every altercation on television here ends in the man striking the woman. “That’ll teach you, you woman!” Women are merely chattels. And so on.

Oh my God. I would so love to kick the police officer’s ass that said that. I think I have never wanted to hit someone so hard in my life that I have not met. I can’t think of a word to describe how I feel about someone that would say that.

Matt

I agree. But victim blaming is somewhat to be expected. I am NOT saying it isn’t reprehensible. It is.
I used to work at a crisis center. And it was funny how a girl could get scolding for wearing the clothes that she was wearing when she was attacked if those clothes even happened to be a turtle neck and baggy jeans. Or how they always say she should have been more careful.
Sadly this shit even comes from the families.

It’s shit like this that entrenches my belief that Taiwan doesn’t deserve to exist.

“The sexual assault incident was not reported to teachers or staff until the girl’s younger brother found his sister being bullied while playing basketball after school this January, according to media reports.”

At least this kid was on the ball.

And what about the rapes, shootings and other acts of violence that happen in U.S. schools every year? It’s amazing how an incident like this brings out the self-righteousness in certain people.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Sickening…absolutely sickening.

And I fully expect some to post on this thread trying to “explain and lessen” the actions of these rapist dirt monkeys.[/quote]

The “rapists” were 10 and 13 for Christ’s sake.

And what about the rapes, shootings and other acts of violence that happen in U.S. schools every year? It’s amazing how an incident like this brings out the self-righteousness in certain people.[/quote]

Ok, Sparky. Enlighten us. Why does Taiwan deserve to exist?

[quote=“ILoveItHereButIDoMissSnow”][quote=“Taiwan News”]

Police reportedly said that it is obvious the girl needs better sex education and care because she neither reported her misfortune to teachers, nor told her family members about her suffering, and even continued to play with the boys who raped and bullied her.

[/quote]

Oh my God. I would so love to kick the police officer’s ass that said that. I think I have never wanted to hit someone so hard in my life that I have not met. I can’t think of a word to describe how I feel about someone that would say that.

Matt[/quote]

It is obvious she needs better sex education because she didn’t report it. See how that works? I highlighted the important part, but in case you still don’t get it I think what they meant was that “If she was better educated she would have known enough to report the incident.”

What a very Canadian response, bob. Sex ed, better if it was free, would have saved the day?

HG