Elementary Schools in Taichung

Good to know. Thank you.

Thank you so much!
Having read your comments and after looking into options, I tend to favor the so called “forest” schools. I wonder whether foreigners are easily accepted into those types of schools. It would appear there are long waiting lists for “good” public schools. Forest schools are technically public, yet different in ways that I like. Are forest schools in great demand there?

Also, never crossed my mind I need an ARC, gold or other shade, to be allowed into the country. Do I actually need one? I just want to hang out while my daughter is in school. Not looking to earn money there. Do I really need that visa in order to be allowed to hang in Taiwan?

Just to stay in Taiwan, you don’t need an ARC. I guess you and your daughter are allowed to visit Taiwan for 3 months by visa exempt without any visas. However, your daughter needs a residency to be accepted by an accredited school registered to MOE, including both of public and private schools. As I posted, no elementary schools support her residency, except for few private schools. so, you need to get your residency (ARC or gold card, etc) and support her residency.

Some school might allow her just attend in a class without any registration, but if you have no connection, it may not be easy to negotiate, and she wouldn’t get any record of education for the period.

Yes. So I heard. Apparently, there is another way to get an ARC and it involves money, anout us 20 000. It’s a sort of business visa. Would that allow me to obtain an arc for my daughter?

I might have to do that as I already have permanent residency in Korea and I don’t want to jeopardize it by getting another one in Taiwan.