Elon Musk's Magnificent Rebranding of Twitter

Okay. I guess you’ve had some negative experiences with schooling in Oregon or something? I don’t live there, so that I don’t know anything about. Me, I’ve been following the conservative / reformist tug of war in Taiwan’s schooling for years. I guess that’s just closer to my frame of reference and concern, and the way you describe “the left” just doesn’t align with what I’ve seen.

Anyways, enjoy your Saturday. Hope the weather in Hokkaido is better than what we have in Taipei. :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

2 Likes

Had to have a fire in wood stove last night because it got so cold here in the foothills of the Hidaka Mountains.

1 Like

Watch out for them Russians. I heard they’ve been acting up lately.

But that’s another thread.

Guy

That’s simply nonsense and it is quite often right wingers implementing censorship and suppressing left wing ideas.

The left wants moderation for the countless times that the right resorts to outright false information. Right wing ideas only sell well in the “free marketplace” when you have the ability to freely lie and cheat your “customers”.

3 Likes

Jeez…Come on, it’s like you forgot that recently the left tried to cancel disney an forcibly out gays to their parents and ban teaching about LGBT issues in schools. Remember when the left insisted on banning school textboooks about civil rights that make them uncomfortable?

I suspect your cold and calculating tone may be lost on some posters here. :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

Or that all the things he is implying the right is doing are, in fact, lies.

2 Likes

Was it “moderation” when the left suppressed the truth about Hunter Baden’s laptop just before the election and promoted a lie about Russian disinformation instead?

You equate boycotts with censorship? Isn’t a boycott just a form of free speech?

I know, it was crazy when that freakin’ leftist Tucker Carlson just left Biden off the hook because he didn’t want to pile on Hunter. :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

Remember when the left banned public school teachers from holding classroom instruction about sexual orientation or gender identity after Florida’s Gov. Ron DeSantis, a Republican, signed the controversial “Parental Rights in Education” bill?

Was that a left wing bill, or a right wing one?

Ron DeSantis signs the so-called ‘Don’t Say Gay’ bill : NPR

Yeah, he took the controversial view that kids under 8 shouldn’t be indoctrinated into the LBGTAQA:^~[8@# agenda.

Every state has standards on what is taught. Fla just chose a vanilla one instead of the radical one culture warriors are trying to shove down the throats of small kids. This isn’t a free speech issue no matter how many times people misrepresent it in that way.

Only groomers think it’s ok for government officials to secretly trans your kindergartener without parental knowledge.

3 Likes

Too gaslightly, I’ll pass. Lots of projection in your post as well.

Accusing people of being ‘groomers’ in order to ram a homophobic right wing agenda is as slimy as it gets. “Secretly trans your kindergardner” is a gross way to sexualize children. Please stop, really.

1 Like

You gotta love the projection here. The people who want to talk about all manner of sexuality with 6-year olds aren’t trying to sexualize kids, the people who don’t want these sexual indoctrination sessions taught are. Ok.

1 Like

I’ve never heard of 'sexual indocrtination sessions" in the Florida public schools.

Your fantasies are creepy. I’ll pass on this exchange, thanks.

There’s videos and everything. Did you hear about the woman and the signing ceremony who had her kid transitioned without her knowledge? Did you hear about all the teachers making videos of the weird sex stuff they talk to the students about? You don’t need to go to right-wing cites to see this stuff, the groomers are loud and proud and put it out on the internet themselves because they are convinced that their cult is the one true way.

1 Like

I have no interest in creepy gaslighting about ‘groomers’, attempts to censor discussions of LGBT issues/ roll back LGBT rights, or made up twaddle about educators.

Zero interest in further engagement with you. Gross.

You can stop whenever.

No one is doing that.

The educators are lying about what they teach their students? What a weird accusation.

1 Like

There is no LGBT agenda pushing sessions I could have attended as a kid that would have made me gay, because I am not gay.

1 Like

Okey dokey!

Guy

1 Like