Elon Musk's Magnificent Rebranding of Twitter

I’m not sure if that’s the case.

But nevertheless, I just feel like threads didn’t add any value compared to Twitter or other platforms

Threads one redeeming feature is that its not run by Elon Musk, which if they sort out the initial problems, will probably lead it to win.

I really don’t think the average person cares about this. And I would hardly say a platform ran by Zuckerberg a redeeming feature in an attempt to monopolize social media under his control.

5 Likes

Twitter users do.

1. Because he is a twat
  2. Because he has turned it into a shitshow.

I don’t know what the average person thinks. But the average Twitter user is looking for a non-Musk alternative

Everytime I see that X I get so angry. Its just so lame and boomer. Just shit nu-metal 90s cringe

Or go all the way with the Nu-Metal and make it a tribal tattoo inspired logo :wink:

Yes exactly some Ed-Hardy T-shirt shit.

1 Like

But not if you are treated unfairly by X.

• Elon Musk-led X Corp. has commandeered ”@music” from a long-time user, software developer Jeremy Vaught.
  • Vaught created the ”@music” account in 2007 and built a community of around half a million followers on the platform. His new handle, assigned to him by the company, is ”@musicfan.”
  • X terms of service say it has the right to take back a username – the threat of losing a handle could make it difficult for the company to convince creators to build there long-term

Someone US$1000 sponsored the Unicode character 𝕏, which is the new Bird logo and linked it to a :hot_pepper: GitHub project. :joy:

https://unicode.org/consortium/adopted-characters.html#s1D54F

https://twitter.com/unicode/status/1689410184467329024

What’s the business case here?

It looks like I’m pretty spot on. It’s starting to fall apart as the government starts to pull subsidies.

1 Like

Both things are true.

China is going to lead EV

and

We are seeing the equivalent of the beginnings of bike share schemes, because like you said.of the market has been oversubsidized and now saturated

Surprise this wasn’t bigger news.

I think Elon will one day regret cozying up to the CCP for his Tesla factories.

Probably because it totally makes sense to not allow a vehicle with a whole lot of always running cameras in sensitive areas. What doesn’t make sense is many military installations in the US not allowing filming, but allowing Teslas (with their 8-9 cameras) on base.

Trojan Tesla?

Beware geeks bearing gifts

3 Likes

Since this seems to be the main Musk thread, I’ll just put this here:

This is some weird shit. Billionaire refuses to hire unvetted foreigners to work in a sensitive industry and gets harassed by the State.

2 Likes

Hope he gets thrown in prison.

1 Like

Well, of course you do. Public execution would be too good for him, eh?

Wonder how many Chinese spies Elon has kept out of SpaceX with his nasty, right-wing, discrimatory policies?

1 Like