Elon Musk's Magnificent Rebranding of Twitter

9 Likes

Now , thanks to Forumosa I know that CNN is against Elon Musk getting ownership I fully support him. Anything CNN dislikes must be good.

3 Likes

Best thing Elon Must could do with Twitter is turn it off.

1 Like

Or turn the humour back on.

1 Like

He’s done more to get the world off fossil fuel and onto electric than any human being alive. That’s got to count for something.

4 Likes

it’s already back on. scathing humor

1 Like

For the elite of the world who can afford it.

A lot of these electric cars are recharged using coal fired power. There’s a ‘cost of storage’, the carbon emissions in building a battery, and don’t forget disposing of it, and some of its hazardous elements safely. I’m dubious personally, just drive less. But I get there is an aspirational goal to get on to clean energy sources, and there I can see some benefit of electric cars I suppose. There’s still an enormous amount of carbon emissions in manufacturing batteries and panels though, probably not accurately accounted for in the Tesla marketing brochures.

1 Like

As much as I think it’s great that Twitter will be uncensored, I wonder if people will start suing Twitter if someone says something that hurts their fee-fees and Twitter won’t take it down. Like that dotcom guy. Or in the case of actual slanderous material that would bring a justified lawsuit.

1 Like

It’s more fun to run to the admins and get a person banned when they say something the person doesn’t agree with.

Plenty of Uber drivers in Taiwan driving Teslas. Eventually, thanks to Musk’s vision, after the elites pay for the economies of scale phase, prices for electric vehicles will come down to the point where the plebes will be able to afford them. That’s how it works.

2 Likes

Or just open up those algorithms that censor… I can’t wait to see what he does with it.
This says it all for me: Elon Musk on Twitter: " A social media platform’s policies are good if the most extreme 10% on left and right are equally unhappy " / Twitter.

3 Likes

Did ‘Musk’s vision’ as you refer to it outline a plan for the colossal waste management problem of all the spent batteries when they go mass market?

6 Likes

Jack approves.

6 Likes

In principle, I don’t believe anyone should own or run Twitter.

So in principle it should have been open sourced and decentralised, but he made an enormous amount of cash being CEO during his tenure while it wasn’t, er, open source and decentralised.

3 Likes

Jack was probably the driving force behind the board accepting Elon’s offer.

The fact that Elon is paying a 38% premium on the April end share price might have been rather persuasive on its own.

2 Likes

So he left Parag in charge to tempt Musk to buy? :thinking:

Jack still has some influence on the board. He just did not want to run it.