Elon Musk's Magnificent Rebranding of Twitter

I lied, or rather, I went back on my word, and continued to goof around with the Notepad file, and then abandoned the whole thing and goofed off awhile, and then ate a bunch of CNY geedunk that the Taiwanese teachers gave me (an entire boxful of those tubular cookie things, and a big pack of something called “Chofers,” (I guess it’s a portmanteau of chocolate and wafer)).

Now I’m back on the Matt Taibbi video, and it’s getting really interesting. When Mr. Blumenthal presented the thesis that Russiagate was solely about “greasing the skids for a proxy war with Russia,” I became somewhat skeptical. However, it makes a kind of sense. I’m not yet prepared to fully accept it, but I’m not rejecting it, either.

Max Blumenthal, Matt Taibbi, and Aaron Maté from about 1:00:24 to about 1:02:23:

Again, I’m reserving judgment on the “grease the skids” thesis, but it’s interesting.

(Edited to add: I didn’t eat both the pipe-shaped cookies and the Chofers in the same sitting. I do have some scruples. (Well, actually, each item was given to me on a different day, so I didn’t get to find out whether I have scruples.))

2 Likes