Elton John in Taiwan!

This is the seating chart… the numbers for those who arent smart enough to figure it out is the price in NT

There are still tickets available for the Elton John concert. They showed a clip of his Hong Kong concert last night on the news and it looks like it’ll be a great show. This short East Asian tour is also the first time he will be debuting his first single, “Answer in the Sky,” from his upcoming album “Peachtree Road” (to be released in early November). If you want to go, visit www.ticket.com.tw

already gotten my front row tickets :slight_smile: - gonna be an awsome concert (i hope)

Yep, I’ll be there too.

That’s US$180 for front row??? Holy smokes.

You can’t go until you send in your absentee ballot application!

Oh shit, I guess there’s no chance to return the tickets and say “hey Elton, come back when it’s dryer!” … ??? :s

News item on all cable news for the next several hours, to be repeated incessantly, incessantly, incessantly…then followed by talk show.

Wow. The media even manage to get someone like him riled up.

He started speaking like that after his friendship with Princess Diana. :laughing:

Don’t piss off the Divas!! :laughing:

A similar thing happened whit Robbie Williams, He was hasseled at CKS by the press and said “I’m just trying to enter your fucking country, ok?”, to which a reporter answered back “This isn’t a fucking country” Then he was all over the news for insulting Taiwan because noone in the media could understand English. Then at the concert itself he said how he loved the people but the press can “go and fuck themselves” and stuck his 2 fingers up, which noone probably understood either.

OOoo… he was rude, but he didn’t insult Taiwan. But a reporter said Taiwan isn’t a country. :unamused:

There’s a documentary on Elton John called “Tantrums and Tiaras”. It doesn’t seem to take a lot to get him overly worked up.

On another note, what is with the media here arguing with celebrities? Does the paparazzi in other countries heckle and fight with famous people as well?

Are you serious? You’re obviously too well-bred to ever have seen the inside of a gossip rag :laughing:

i’m sure the “media” here is normally told to fuck off by a wide range of people. it’s just usually not newsworthy. i do have to say that my estimation of Elton John has risen considerably :slight_smile: “f**k off you rude pigs” hehhehehhhehh

[quote=“daasgrrl”]

Are you serious? You’re obviously too well-bred to ever have seen the inside of a gossip rag :laughing:[/quote]

From my ivory white lofty heights, I deign to respond…

I meant the way reporters here take a combative, heckling tone with visiting celebrities in person.

I know of these gossip rags of which you write though I’ve never read one myself… :wink:

She [Avril Lavigne] performed a two-song acoustic set with the help of one of the members of her band and showed that she’s much more than just her mascara. Though provided a microphone, she didn’t need one. Her voice was heard clearly even in the back of the Grand Formosa ballroom where the press conference was held. She was given an award – surprise! – and sat to answer some hard-hitting questions from Taiwan’s media: Did she like Chinese food? Had she ever heard of spicy hot pot and would she be interested in trying it? Was she really as cool as she seemed, or was it just an act? Answers: “Sure,” “No, so, dunno,” and “Hunh?”
Quoted from: taipeitimes.com/News/feat/ar … 8936/print

What a bunch of retarded fuckwits.

Saw a picture in the paper of Elton looking all pissed off. Anyone know what that’s all about?

You Western capitalist pigs just don’t understand Chinese culture.

Saw him on the telly. I reckon he’d have had the journos no problem.

Yeh, the media cornered him at the airport, he said FUCK OFF. But the local papers wrote it as “F___ Off!”