Emigrating Taiwan for the sake of my children. To stay or go?

Don’t you know, there are tons of English teachers who teach beginning English to the pregnant stomachs of rich Taiwanese ladies.

Yes. I’m a uni instructor so I guess I have relatively little to complain about, although the pay is still terrible.

I am not criticizing, I am at most commiserating. It is a sad situation to be trapped in this rat race. Is that really necessary? It seems yunfair to bring kids in thsi world and not be able to enjoy them, laugh with them, cuddle them. The kids are also in teh rat race.

Yes, teh poor ones have it bad…but as pointed out, not much is expected of them, so people do not ask that much. they do not have that outside pressure and one can wonder if they are happier just becaus ethey get to play instead of study like mad. The work like crazy part is unavoidable it seems that everyone rich or poor is striving for that last bit of money they need to survive.

English babysitter for 2 month old is not necessary and may not be so much meaningful in many cases, but it may not be harmful too. I think it is better than putting babies in front of TV all days.

You got 2+ for the Oliver Twist reference, that was hilarious.

Unfortunately, you get a -5 for actually using the word “whore”
Now who’s classy??

Keep working on it, Rage Boy

1 Like

It’s not about what the word is. It’s about how you use it.

:rofl::rofl:
Coming from you, little fella, that means…well, pretty much stugatz

I was just imagining gain and rocket living together :joy:

3 Likes

Coming this fall to NBC…

2 Likes

Deleted

Wonder why Taiwan has a very low birth rate?.

Lack of social welfare especially single mothers.
Societies attitudes to single mothers.
Most people are too busy working, too many hours at work.
Hard to afford to pay all costs of childcare and raising children for many families .
Crowded living space, expensive to buy housing.

1 Like

childless life has been a glorified lifestyle for quite a long time.
rather, own dogs and cats and call them children.

$$$ is part of the problem, but not the cause of all problems in society.

2 Likes

Oh man… do NOT get me started on this issue before my first cup of coffee, especially the ones pushing them in baby strollers. what has this world come to?!
Those people ARE…!!!

7 Likes

you should see how those dogs and cats’ nails are painted too.
their paws are not allowed to touch the ground unless they’re at home because the owners want to keep them nice and clean. you can see endless cute pics of them on social media. owners call themselves moms and dads and will fight you to death if you refuse to personify their pet kids the way they do.

3 Likes

Even the dog thinks their crazy.

2 Likes

At least they treat their dogs much better than they do their human children. :sunglasses:

The worst are these idiots (who mostly seem to be pampered millennials) that call these pets their “babies” or “children.” I like dogs and cats. I’ve even owned a few in my time. But they’re not your babies or children. You didn’t give birth to them. You’re not changing their diapers, paying for their education, soothing and staying up with them when they can’t sleep, clothing and feeding them (throwing a bunch of slop in a bowl doesn’t count).

Just stop.

Would you consider people you adopt when they are young your children despite you didn’t give birth to them yourself ?

Yes. My parents did/have with my sister.