Emigrating Taiwan for the sake of my children. To stay or go?

Of course I would. Giving birth was just one example I gave. But being a parent also requires clothing, paying for education, medical care, feeding, sheltering, etc.

Here’s the main point to prevent any more pedantic nitpicks; raising a human requires a metric shit ton more work than having a dog.

1 Like

True true but wait till you get one of those critters
Or rather a wife training for a child with one

I know my cats were not really my flesh and blood and that deep down they are animals
But I don’t mind referring to myself as their dad
Or them my kidddies
Animals pets need love and attention just like real kids do

Don’t get a pet unless you plan to take good care of them and don’t get a child unless you plan to do the same

I think some parents spend as much time raising their children as many dog owners spend raising their dogs, and vice versa.

I don’t think the amount spent is a appropriate measure to determine if some can be considered ones child/baby.

I think who are we to judge how another feels about the relationship between himself and his dog/baby/whatever

3 Likes

Are you joking? That’d be one horrible parent. Look at the parent of a newborn and you can tell. They have dark circles under their eyes from a lack of sleep since they’re up all night with their kid. A parent will always be worrying about money in order to give their child the best life they can. Being a parent is a lifelong commitment.

I loved my dog. A lot. But nowhere near on the same level I love my daughter. Dude, please. Do you have a child? I’m guessing not. It really isn’t the same thing.

2 Likes

Of course I am serious. The internet or any tabloid is filled with stories about neglected children.

This may be the case for you, but it is not necessarily the same for everyone else. You should not assume that just because you feel a certain way everyone else will do the same.

1 Like

Pretty much the stupidest thing I’ve read this week (and I started this debacle)
Ever notice how NOBODY who’s actually had kids says pet ownership is the same??

You want the big difference?
Here you go.

If you have a stroke and nobody else is around, a kid won’t start eating your face when they get hungry.

2 Likes

May I ask you a question. If I get an ant-farm with 300 ants, and I care about them and feed them, can I call them my “babies” or “children”? And does that mean I, as an ant-parent, work as hard as a human parent? We can use goldfish as an example too. Just wondering where we draw the line on this ridiculousness.

Humans and animals are different.
Human parents don’t just leave their kids at home or send them off to a hotel when they are off to somewhere for a long period of time. whether a life comes out of your own flesh and blood does makes a difference.

and yes, adopted human child should be treated as the parents’ own.
Though personally, if I am ever eligible for human child adoption, under simple, easy circumstances, I still want to raise my adopted child loving birth mom/dad as priority. It should be made clear that I’m only a nurturing parent. Biological parents who made the tough decision to give up their children for adoption to me is not an irreversible choice that will haunt them for the rest of their lives. They can be given a second chance to try to make it right with their child.

I don’t see any of “those” dog owners wiping their dog’s arses after a good pooh, like normal parents would

1 Like

I don’t think it counts if the teacher is also present at the moment of conception :whistle:

1 Like

Also, last I checked, ain’t nobody tossing their kids out the car door during a Sunday drive up Wuzhi Shan.

Nope, I have not. Dog ownership and cat ownership is not the same either, so whats your point ?

I never said pet ownership is the same as having kids.

Look, that was one damn time
Anyways, nothing could be proved in a court of law, so there

Except when you argued that pet-owners can call their pets their “kids.”

I hate to say it, but I’ve seen this happen on multiple occasions.

Sure, go ahead. It would be a bit weird, but who am I to tell that person that his feelings are wrong.

Can you PLEASE take a pic next time and post here. ha ha

Oh yeah, that’s right, you didn’t, nothing of the sort.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

I seed you do it, I seed it with my own eyes.

Having boys is different to having girls I would imagine, right ? But are they not both kids ?