Emirates Airlines bans employees from wearing ROC flag

I got this from a friend on LINE…if it is real, this really sucks!

Seems it may well be, a bit more on it here and a follow up letter, apparently.

The pettiness of the communist party truly staggers me sometimes.

FYI the UAE has open slavery, so you shouldn’t expect good character from any of its companies.

1 Like

I’d be more worried about this part

The company also required Taiwanese staff to be listed as Chinese on crew rosters and use their mainland travel permits instead of their Taiwanese passports when operating flights in China, a crew member speaking anonymously with Apple Daily claimed.

Where can I buy a good quality ROC flag pin? I’m in the west right now, but I might start wearing one on special occasions - international travel, CNY celebrations, that kind of thing.

2 Likes

I wonder what would happen if one went through Chinese immigration and customs wearing an ROC flag t-shirt.

what the actual fuck? without exception? keep your flags and get fired, go out honourably. being a flight attendant is a shit job anyway. its not worth keeping if you have to put up with this kind of humilation. if they want chinese staff so bad then let them replace the taiwanese staff with rude chinese staff, i’m sure there will no difference right?

If I want to visit the third world, there are nicer places

Nothing happens.
I’ve seen a dude doing it when going through the immigration in Shanghai.

I’ve flown the three major Chinese Airlines (China Eastern Airlines, China Southern Airlines, and Air China).
On the contrary, I find Chinese staff members to be more polite and courteous than Taiwanese staff members.

Generally, the modern Taiwanese women is a mixture of Western women and traditionally Chinese women. They pick up the bad habits of both sides and give up the good habits of both sides.

You can be either full Westerner or full traditional Chinese, but not a mixture like this.

i’m sorry mate but that post is all kinds of rubbish. all kinds.

1 Like

what are you saying man…

It says they are also making HK staff wear both the PRC flag and HK flag if they choose to wear the HK flag.

:roll: :roll: :roll: Gurrrrrrl

Now they are saying that they don’t have to wear the Chinese flag pin, but they can’t wear their original Taiwanese flag pin either. It’s pretty sad indeed.

So what do you suppose would happen if they all just wore it?

This sounds more like “full retard” to me. Why does anyone have to be full anything?

The Taiwanese govt should ban Emirates from operating to Taiwan immediately.

2 Likes

And this is the airline that was voted “Best Airline in the World 2017.” This move gives new meaning to the term “loyalty program.” Sounds like a boycott is in order. I definitely won’t be flying with them while this is in effect.

they should definitely take some action over this anyway. its pure humiliation for the taiwanese employers to have to do this, this is not a chinese company.

I’ve flown Emirates before (Houston-Dubai-Perth). Not sure about “best” airline. They gave us a ton of food, all curry, and they had a lot of good movies on demand but their flight attendants all have to wear head scarves. Personally, I’d rank EVA, Korean Air, and Japanese airlines above Emirates.