Emoticons

Add more / refresh emoticons?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Who would like to freshen up the emoticons a little?

I for one really, really need this little guy:

[quote=“hsiadogah”]Who would like to freshen up the emoticons a little?

I for one really, really need this little guy: [/quote]
Cool. I’ll add him when I get a chance…

It would be very cool if members suggested Emoticons to add to Forumosa. But please bear this in mind - we plan to upgrade the system to Olympus (phpBB 3.0.0) when it is stable and released. Hopefully, this will happen by the summer. So we are starting from scratch emoticon-wise when that happens.

I don’t think it would be a real big problem technically speaking, though. Adding Emoticons is already a basic feature of this phpBB

And to really spliff, errr, I mean, spiff up the site, how about these:

Hahaha…love it.

I’d like a “chill pill” emoticon. The image ishere.

It’d be a nifty way to “gently” tell people when they need to take it down a notch or two.

I have always wanted new ones…sometimes I cant express myself the way I want to…oh and if there is one where a guy is wearing a raincoat and flashes people…I really would like that one. :smiling_imp:

Gotta have this one:

how about something that suggests “You live in a cave?”

OK, I know this ain’t an emoticon… but,…

Gotta keep this one :flog:

I have a question - can any small JPEG or animated Compuserve GIF be used as an emoticon? If I want to create one and offer it to the admins, is there any special format needed? No time now but I might make a few later this summer.

Yeah, any jpeg or gif is ok. If possible, keep it under 16x16 pixels. The bigger ones mess up the text too much…

While I’d be just fine without emoticons (graphic based anyway), a suggestion for the next time you guys go emoticon shopping:

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … 948#423948

[quote=“seeker4”]While I’d be just fine without emoticons (graphic based anyway), a suggestion for the next time you guys go emoticon shopping:

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … 948#423948[/quote]
Thank you. :sunglasses:

Here’s a tip for how to get emoticons that you like into forumosa: send/post a link to the exact one you want - we’re likely to use it just because you made our lives easier

If you post a link to a collection of emoticons, then we’re going to put off browsing through the collection to a time when we can have a nice look over. That could take a while - I don’t know about Maoman, but I’m slow when it comes to things like that (tho I prefer the word “careful” to slow)

:help:

Also, these too - sorry for the delay!
:dance: :bs: :banana:

Oh, in that case, Gus, I’ve got a bunch to send you that I’ve been saving - I thought we needed the new server up and running before I could FTP them over…

OK, I finally took the time to find it:

img56.imageshack.us/img56/9724/rofl1fc.gif

If you can add it, that would be nice. Have a good day.

I love that one! Yahoo Messenger has a bunch of good ones like that, but when I right-clicked to save them (with the intention of uploading to Flickr and posting here) the right-click was disabled. How did you get that one uploaded? Also, Flickr says I’m out of credits, and ImageShack doesn’t preserve the animation of the gifs when I upload them. Any suggestions for another site? Tks! :moon: Oh, these new ones are great! Thanks Goose Egg!

:candycane: Woohoo! Christmas comes early at Forumosa.com!! Look at all those new emoticons. Thanks! :santa:

This website has some:
muller-godschalk.com/yahoo.html

but the Yahoo Messenger website has them all:
messenger.yahoo.com/emoticons.php

And for me, right-clicking the gif, saving it locally, and then uploading it to Imageshack worked fine.

Never saw that “moon” one before – it would be a great addition.