The Employment Gold Card Super-Thread

How many people here applied for a GC after getting a qualified job here? In that case your current income level won’t matter while filing under economy. I don’t think that point is clear enough.

Did they recently change the requirement for Science and Technology to just the W2? Yet you were still asked for more info?

The “Science & Technology” path still requires the appropriate Ministry to vet your skills whereas I had a friend apply under “Economic” and had his approval in under a month just by sending W-2s. I’m just too lazy to gather the supplemental information to submit and not planning to move until August at the earliest.

tl;dr: S&T has the NT 160,000/month option, but they will still vet skills applicable to S&T, whereas “Economic”, they only need to verify your income.

After getting your passport approved, is it normal for your application to disappear from the portal? Mine said IC In Process for about a day, then disappeared. Guessing I just have to wait for TECO to email me when my card arrives?

Yes, that happened to me as well. You can click on “Case Status Check”, search for your application number and it should show the application as complete.

This happened to me as well. You should still be able to download your resident authorisation notice from the application portal, though.

That sounds about right. I applied in October, got two requests for additional info (one was related to my work; one was because my passport scan was blurry), then got called in for passport submission in December. Approval came just this week. So, that’s a total of 3 months. I suspect it could’ve been shorter had it not for the Christmas / New Year holiday. But of course, I’ll have to wait a few more weeks for my card.

I applied under the PhD/teaching/education option.

1 Like

That’s crazy – most people get approved in a day or two after the passport verification. I think that part is the TECO’s fault.

Oh, there was a delay in me submitting my passport because of the Christmas break and the fact that my nearest TECO is far away (I needed to take a swab test to travel there, even though it’s a domestic flight).

It took a week between passport submission and approval. I submitted on Monday the first week (they kept my passport). They called me back in on Friday and gave me a 30-minute interview, during which they explained that passport submission doesn’t guarantee approval. panik!

Then I got my ‘congrats you got it’ email the Monday after. kalm …

1 Like

Hi, may I know what additional info was asked regarding your work? I also applied under Education and still waiting for their reply.

So I initially wanted to apply just with my PhD alone. But it’s not sufficient because it’s not from one of the top 100 universities worldwide. It is, though, from a top 300-something. So, not all hopes were lost. I just needed to give evidence that I’ve got over 5 years’ teaching/research experience, at least some of which must have been done over the last 3 years.

Then I gave them my proof of service certificate from my university, stating my period of service. But it didn’t specifically say that I was employed in a teaching and research capacity (as an academic). So, they wanted more evidence that I wasn’t, like, just an admin assistant or a cleaner or something - who just happened to have worked at the university.

I got the university to amend their proof of service and got a reference letter from a professor above me as evidence that I was engaged in a teaching and research capacity - and that was pretty much it.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the info!

1 Like

Does anyone applied under economy but not applied under ntd160,000 salary? Example other qualifications except 160.000 salary. Does it have to take longer time to approved than the qualification of salary? Mine took over 30days but no any news…

Hope can get sharing from here.

Also interested in the above, as I think I’m going to have to change my application from salary to the qualification of “held a specialized or interdisciplinary position at a … information and communication … sector for more than eight years”.

Anyone know if there’s details somewhere on what a sector includes? Or any other info related to this type of qualification?

1 Like

Just received my physical card! This is a timeline update for anyone curious

Qualification: Economic / Salary

• 2020-11-02 Submitted initial application
  • 2020-11-04 Status updated: Under inspection
  • 2020-11-?? Status updated: Professional Review by Workforce Development Agency
  • 2020-11-19 Status updated: Passport Submission by Bureau of Consular Affairs or Overseas Missions of R.O.C. (Taiwan)
  • 2020-11-24 Submitted notarized copy of passport (covers and all pages with stamps) to LA TECO via Fedex
  • 2020-12-21 Received approval email and ability to access resident authorization online
  • 2021-01-15 TECO sent out card via FedEx envelope I included with application
  • 2021-01-18 Received gold card

The overall time from application to card-in-hand was good but it’s so nerve racking not knowing if the next step will be approved. I called multiple days (selecting both English and Mandarin) and only got through to LA TECO once, they redirected me a few times with no helpful information. I also emailed twice but only got form responses.

1 Like

@smoketail can you please DM me (still trying to figure out how to do that on this forum) re: her info please

Getting nervous about my husband’s application - mine was approved super quickly, I’m assuming because it was very straightforward. just three qualifying W-2s from a well known company for the last three years.

My husband’s income is a combination of one W-2 and two 1099-MISC with non-employee compensation (box 7) that put him over the minimum amount. Just curious if anyone else had a situation like this approved!

Hi Guys, i accidentally applied for technology-based GC 2 days ago (i am in cyber sec & qualify financially) however it sounds like I should of applied under economic as primary (faster processing and more likely to be approved). Should i just start a new application (dont mind paying) if it means more likely to get approved without further delays?

Thanks!

how fast was the approval?

There were some recent changes in the technology qualification regulations … in theory it should be an achievable pathway now for those applying with salary :slight_smile: