The Employment Gold Card Super-Thread

My Japanese friend just got a Mexican green card and I think he lives in Chicago.

Nah, thatā€™s pretty normal. Iā€™m an Australian but I live somewhere else. When I was about to drop off my passport at my local TECO, I didnā€™t even bother mentioning Iā€™m not a citizen of this country. Many of the staff arenā€™t familiar with the gold card scheme, so I found myself having to educate them abt its associated processes.

The only additional thing I needed to show was that I have a valid visa; I guess thatā€™s to show that the local TECO is authorised to deal with my case. But yeah, sometimes you need to take it on yourself to educate the staff about this thing.

3 Likes

All. If you came to Taiwan in 2020/2021, please fill out this survey: Survey of Foreign Professionals Who Entered Taiwan in 2020/2021

Thereā€™s been a lot of talk of ā€œcovid refugeesā€, but this is the first serious attempt Iā€™ve seen to gather data on this matter. Itā€™s anonymous, of course :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank you for this information! Very helpful

Just to update, my application has been under WDA review for two months now, nothing has changed. Doesnā€™t matter too much anymore though, since I got the job I wanted and will move over to Taiwan in two weeks with an employment visa. I called and asked what would happen if if the card got approved later, and they said Iā€™ll just be automatically converted to the gold card which is nice.

Finally got approved today! Hereā€™s the timeline of my application process (for reference, currently a software engineer with about 7 years of experience, previously based in San Francisco and worked for a rideshare company):

1/14/2021 - Submitted Application

1/18/2021 - Information correction requested (submit address in Chinese, attach copy of visa, correct passport expiration date)

1/19/2021 - Professional Review by Workforce Development Agency (勞ē™¼ē½²åÆ©ęŸ„äø­)

3/22/2021 - Asked for supplemental documents / change application criteria. Changed application area to ā€œScience and Technologyā€ and attached supplemental documents:

• 2020 W2
  • employment verification letter
  • initial offer letter
  • updated resume

5/6/2021 - Application moved to Under Inspection

5/7/2021 - Received email saying I was approved - status moved to IC Card in Process

Hopefully Iā€™ll be able to pick up my card sometime next week!

2 Likes

Congratulations!

Does when application move to ā€œApplication moved to Under Inspectionā€ means gonna approved?

1 Like

Hmm in my case, it got moved to ā€œUnder Inspectionā€ after being stuck under ā€œProfessional Review by Workforce Development Agencyā€ after I resubmitted my application on 3/22. Iā€™m guessing I didnā€™t have to verify my passport as well since Iā€™m already in Taiwan on a visitor visa (since I have immediate family here), and Iā€™ve already renewed my visa several times so farā€¦

2 Likes

Oh I seeā€¦I think there will be different for us. However, hope you succeed in all your future career in Taiwan!

1 Like

Yep! I actually just arrived in Taiwan today and all you need is the Resident Authorization Certificate to enter the country. (Make sure you print it in color)

5 Likes

Hello everyone. Hope everyone is doing fine. New to this forum. Recently applied under ā€œEconomicā€ field with ā€œPreviously or currently holding a position in a foreign state or in the ROC with a most recent monthly salary of at least NT$160,000.ā€

I submitted the proof of salary, passport, personal curriculum vitae and document verifying domestic or foreign service relating to employment. Will I be required to submit other documents?

Will I be required to submit my educational document? It does not say anything in the website. Does anybody has any experience with this?

Hello everyone,

I started my application on 7 Apr under the field of architecture since I am a Civil Engineer with 5+ years of construction experience working in companies with architecture functions (one of the two criteria). Supplemented some declaration that I am not working for China, or the party, etcā€¦ (I am a Hong Kong citizen) on 13 Apr and it is currently under WDA review. Initially I was expecting some update in 30 days but seems like it is no longer the caseā€¦

So I am wondering if there is anyone here who picked the same field who can share the timeline? I see that so far only 8 people have been approved through this field so I am not sure if it is not popular or it is that difficult to apply?

Did you apply in economic field first? For ā€œScience and Technologyā€ did you need to submit educational docs?

IMHO itā€™s better to add more information than less. If needing to add more documents later then you essentially get put in the back of the line until they have time to review it again.

I understand that. Unfortunately, I cant submit my educational documents now. Just trying to understand if it was required for others.

I think itā€™s ok. If youā€™re applied under salary. They more look into your salary and your work /employment/experienced whether fit under their categories.

And better you can prepare your resume and cover letter about your experienced. @ehgg just approved under economy)salary. So you can searching what he has provided attached for your references.

1 Like

Hi. I saw that you applied under economy with salary requirement. Which documents did you submit?

I submitted the proof of salary(appointment letter for the job offer at ROC), passport, resume and reference letter from my current job. Will I be required to submit other documents?

I actually submitted these documents with the application.

I would say the biggest thing you need to submit if you are applying under the salary requirement is your tax document (from within the past 3 years) showing that you make over the requirement.

All other documents such as your resume, certificate of service/letter of employment, etc are helpful but if you donā€™t pass the initial salary requirement, nothing else will matter.

3 Likes