"Employment gold card" for some foreigners

yes.

Just came back from the NHI branch around Taipei Main Station.

If you do not have employer, you will have to wait 6 months continuously stays in Taiwan. They printed me a paper showing exactly my last departure. If I leave Taiwan, the date is automatically reset. The price will be 750NTD/month.
With an employer, the 6 months wait is waived.

No exception for Gold card holder :slight_smile:

Quickly looked up the Foreign Talent Act. Article 14 does use the word ‘hired’ … at least in the English:

Where a foreign professional is
hired to conduct professional work,
said person’s spouse and minor
children, and children over twenty
years old who are unable to live
independently due to physical or
mental disability, having obtained
documentary proof of residence,
shall participate in National Health
Insurance as insured persons,
without being subject to the
requirement of a full six months of
residence in the State prescribed in
Article 9 Subparagraph 1 of the
National Health Insurance Act.

This matches the marketing material:

Enabling the spouses and children of employed foreign professionals to be included in National Health Insurance coverage without a 6-month wait

I couldn’t find any other related changes to the law for Gold Card holders.

Hey all. Please help if you can…I recently tried to apply for the Employment Gold Card.
I applied under the Technology, $160k per month requirement, and I certainly qualify for the salary part, but I am having some challenges with the Ministry of Science and Tech accepting my documents and am curious about your experience.
They said this to me: “惟經勞動部107年10月2日會商科技部,依該部107年10月8日科部科字第1070069790號函意見,因申請人所送非屬個人專業領域審認文件,該部歉難作申請人之專業領域判斷,仍請申請人補正清晰可辨識,且為任職於科技領域相關產業(如資格條件第2條或第3條所列領域之企業的製造或研發實績與個人參與貢獻等)獲國內外公私立大專院校或國內外學術研究機構之證明文件,以利科技部及勞動部續以審查。”

I already sent them my contract showing I make more than $160k per month, and also some payroll emails confirming this, but it seems they want more documents? What documents do you think they want, and did you have to send them docs?

I actually don’t have a formal qualification in tech, but I’m a Webmaster for a US app startup which lets me work remotely, and I used to own my own web design and development company in Australia. I feel really stressed about this as my ARC is about to expire soon :frowning:

I’m not completely understanding the Chinese, but they seem to say you need to provide some documents to prove you are working for a company in such cutting-edge technological fields as software applications, software technology, nanotechnology, optoelectronics, information and communication, communication transmission technology, automation system integration technology, material application technology, high precision sensing technology, biological technology, resources development or energy saving, frontier scientific research, and national defense and military strategies, AI, IoT, AU, blockchain, VR, robots, and additive manufacturing, and the company’s products or researches and your contribution, and certificate of them by research institutes.

Don’t stress. This is normal. You’re applying under a financial requirement, but the MOST still wants to vet your technical skills. They are not supposed to do this, under some interpretations of the regulations, but here we are :slight_smile:

Gather up some documents that demonstrate you work in tech and you’re good at it. Maybe a letter from your boss talking about that time you wrote that innovative thing, a supporting statement from a professor about how they’re proud of you, a piece of easily digestible work product that has your name on it. It’ll depend on what you’ve got or can create - but get into the mindset of the reviewer who just wants to have something to make them feel comfortable enough to tick the box. If you feel the need, write a cover letter for your application explaining your skills.

Send more than you think, but less than gets confusing. Good luck.

Regarding timing, it’ll be at least 2 weeks from this point in a “normal case” (maybe 4 or 5 if not). If urgent, suggest getting in touch with the relevant official contacts on the official list to get them ready to help accelerate, or get your current ARC extended.

Hi all,

I am going to be applying for the new artist work permit that Taiwan started offering earlier this year (it was brought in with the employment gold card). I have several questions that I was unable to find any answers to, I have read everything I could find about this work permit online, and I have contacted the WDA, but all they did was refer me back to their website which I have already read.

I was hoping that someone here might be able to help with my queries! The WDA confirmed that I can apply freelance, without requiring any employer to be involved with the application, so this is the path I want to take. I have the required 10 years professional experience.

1. Is it possible to apply for this work permit outside of Taiwan? There is an online form that can be completed on the WDA website, but it says to pay the examination fee you have to either pay in person (but I’m not in Taiwan), by ATM transfer or by postal remittance. Is it possible to do any these from outside Taiwan. I am in Australia, but I arrive in Taiwan next month.

2. I need to get my supporting documents translated. Do I need to submit the originals in English AND the translated copies? And is it better to get them translated in Taiwan or in Australia?

3. Are there any immigration agents that I would be able to hire to help me with the application? I have searched online but haven’t found anything.

4. If I do apply when I get to Taiwan next month, I will be staying in an Air Bnb until my fiancee and I find an apartment. Do I just put the address of the Air Bnb for my residential address on the form?

5. It is my understanding I don’t need to provide a police background check for the work permit application, but if I get the work permit and apply for visa and ARC, I have to supply the background check then. Does this also need to be translated?

Sorry for all the questions! Thanks.

Thanks mods for putting this in the right section :slight_smile:

if anyone else is looking in to this artist work permit, I have found some information regarding the application process. Freelance Artist Work Permit

It mentions the possibility of using an immigration agent, but I’ve still been unable to find one. Anyone have any leads on immigration agents?

@HoiAnMan is still here?