The Employment Gold Card Super-Thread

This is correct. Article 25, Immigration Act.

You are likely remembering the average-based approach from the New Economic Migrant bill since it’s proposed in there. It hasn’t been passed yet, but there’s a post from … you, above with a link to the latest :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hahaha :joy:

All these old regulations, new regulations and proposed regulations must be making me senile.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Hello all, I am starting this process. I’m in the country already on an ARC and work permit. Is there any other way other than doing it online, like going to an offie in person (e.g. in order to speed up the process)? I haven’t submitted anything yet, and I’m a bit pressed fro time now … :pensive:

@mseal I understand you applied in the field of business. May I ask how long it took from the time you submitted your application to the day you were informed that you could pick up your gold card? And, did they ever get back to you about needing to submit further documents throughout the process?

Many thanks.

One more question to my earlier post. I am already one year into my 3 year contract. Can I still apply for a 3 year gold card on this basis? I figure yes as that is the purpose of the gold card, correct?

Application for the gold card is only available online. Since you’re in-country, the only steps you will do in person are to verify your identity (passport) at the Bureau of Consular Affairs and collect your card at the National Immigration Agency.

As for speeding up the process, the best thing you can do is to tell everyone involved (use the contacts list) you need it quickly and the reason why, and put a lot of effort into preparing your documents for the initial submission. The claim is that they can be processed within 30 days if all goes well.

Yes. The length of the gold card is chosen by you when you apply. It’s independent of your work contract.

2 Likes

Thank you for the info!

Someone already posted this stats?

107年底外國專業人員概況 - 勞動部
https://www.mol.gov.tw/statistics/2456/
Under the tab of 108年

Table 7 (表7) includes numbers on gold card.
Age, education, nationality, gender.

Figure 2 is on industry.

The link gives 404 Not Found Error

Try this

2 Likes

Thanks, I fixed.

Industry
Manufacturing 29.0%
Professional, scientific & technical services 27.2%
Wholesale & retail 26.5%
Financial & insurance. 14.8%
Others 2.5%

At the end of 2018
20190524_073936

and I had forgotten I posted this site for statistics.

at the end of this April
Accumulated application 295
Accumulated permit 263
Effective permit 248

2 Likes

There’s one guy under the age of 24… must be real talented to manage to apply with limited work experience…

Fascinating stats. Results so far are heavily skewed to males not females, with only Australia 50/50 (one each!).

Guy

I wonder if it’s @fifieldt

Possibly… though I’m fairly certain he’s the Australian male…

Aussie Aussie Aussie!

Looks like the gold card is easier than the Plum Blossom . I got close with that one …fell down on one thing… I had to have finished in the top 3 of a Formula one race or won the Championship …anything under F1 did not count for much …so funny . So much of the current F1 grid would fail on that criteria . Rules are rules and my sport was treated like an Olympic sport I seem to remember …hehe…Hamilton may just scrape in by now :thinking:

1 Like

Oh well I guess the 5.5k a month wasn’t a problem :wink:

Was doing very well …happy days :wink:

G’day. Where’s this sheila youse are yakking about?

1 Like

Are there any clear requirements? Best I can find are vague descriptions like having substantial contributions to R&D that would benefit Taiwan.

Separate to Gold Card issue …link for NIA on this thread I think

1 Like