The Employment Gold Card Super-Thread

Eva air is nice and empty, it is like riding business class when you are in economy

Not initially, but they looked it up (from nearly 20 years ago) and told me to enter it in the application. So yes, eventually.

I had an ARC about 5 years ago.

Hey I messed up and didnt upload all the documents I obviously needed. Is there anyway to reach out and skip the 30 day wait? everyone is telling me they will just ask me for more documents within 30 days. but obviously I would like to upload them now and not have to reset the timerā€¦

Hey I messed up and didnt upload all the documents I obviously needed. Is there anyway to reach out and skip the 30 day wait? everyone is telling me they will just ask me for more documents within 30 days. but obviously I would like to upload them now and not have to reset the timerā€¦

With my application, when I was told to submit more documents I was given an email address to send these documents to, these were then added to my application and it only took a couple of days before my application was approved.

Can you message me that email address? I called multiple people and they seemed to tell me that I would have to wait 30 days even though I knew I didnā€™t have enough documents.

nvm can you just post it here? was it a MOL email or was it a specific department?

Hi,
Sorry, I donā€™t think I was clear. After 30 days I called them, they told me I was missing information, and the woman managing my application shared her email with me. So in your case I would still recommend waiting.

Who did you call? Mol or wda? Give me number?

There are some contact details here:

I called the MoL, however, depending the state of your application, you may need to call a different number. I would advise waiting until your application has remained in the same state for a couple of weeks.

Has anyone else besides @saketumi tried to get US business income (K-1) accepted instead of salary (W2)? He was able to get approved under Economy in this way, and I wonder if this is a total fluke.

I used 1040 tax return plus K1 to for my application - approved back in early September

It might have been a fluke, but I didnā€™t know what else I could provide. I have an LLC, so I submitted my entire personal tax returnā€”including 1040 and schedule K-1. Other thing to consider is to get someone to inquire on your behalf (ie a politician, local company, etc). I had Hsiao Bi-khim ask for me.

@shaokilai and @saketumi you both provided cover letters explaining that your income was K1 and not W2, right? Could you elaborate a bit on what you said?

Also did you have zero W2 income, and only K1? I have 12k in W2 and then a qualifying amount in K1, and Iā€™m afraid itā€™ll throw them off.

No cover letter and no W-2s for me.

1 Like

Update on address change on Gold Card (for those who collected it overseas). It must be done from the platform, not from the NIA branch. The ā€œInformation Changeā€ section, which was not really working until a month back (I remember) is now fully operational. Update whatever information needs to be updated, upload passport (they are supposed to have it, but yea :upside_down_face:), Gold Card (they issued it, but yea :upside_down_face:) and any further documentation to act as proof of the change (rental contract for the address). Then same as during the application: ā€œUnder inspectionā€, etc. etc., until ā€œReady for collectionā€ at the selected branch.

heads up for anyone applying through the SF TECO: the office is now fully closed to the public because of the spike in Covid cases. youā€™ll have to mail in your passport submission notice, self-addressed stamped envelope, and original passport / notarized copy.

if you chose to pick up your Gold Card in SF, it will be mailed to you along with your passport.

on the bright side, i guess this means no more unnecessary interviews for now :grinning:

Wanted to document my experience so far since this thread has been really helpful.

• 11/3 - Started the Gold Card application online. Applied under the ā€œEconomicā€ category. Uploaded tax documents for the last three years.

• 11/12 - Status changed to "Professional Review by Workforce Development Agencyā€

• 11/26 - Received and email and status changed to "Passport Submission by Bureau of Consular Affairs or Overseas Missions of R.O.C. (Taiwan)ā€

• 11/28 - Mailed passport along with the Passport Submission Notice and self-addressed stamped envelope to the TECO SF office.

• 11/30 - Documents received by TECO SF office.

• 12/1 - Passport inspection complete, received email saying Gold Card will be issues in 21 days, and status changed to ā€œIC Card in Processā€

I can now download the ā€œResident Authorizationā€ certificate, and it indicates that I can use the certificate to enter Taiwan. If you choose to enter with this certificate (instead of waiting for the card), you must pick-up your Gold Card within 30 days after entering.

Overall, the process took about a month from applying to getting the ā€œResident Authorizationā€ certificate.

2 Likes

I applied for gold card under economic in November from US.

I recently got an email saying my monthly salary is not enough. I make over the amount, but because there are pre tax deductions that get reduced from from taxes like medical and retirement, the gross federal salary listed in section 1 of W2 looks smaller than actually is. The actual amount greater than requirement is listed in section 16 of W2 and is over the requirement.

I will call tonight and try to explain monthly salary exceeds before employee deducts medical and retirement.

If not, it looks like they focus on federal AGI on W2 (section 1) as opposed to just gross.

Anyone experience something similar?

Itā€™s strange - on both my applications (I cancelled the first because I uploaded a wrong document - and didnā€™t want to wait to be contacted for change) it changed to review by workforce agency withing 1 day of application. So since 15. November my application is under review - Iā€™m wondering if I should contact them on Friday or wait another couple of days. Itā€™s 17 days under review now without a changeā€¦ I would really love to fly out as soon as possibleā€¦
Iā€™m living close to the local TECO office (just a 20minute drive) - so as soon as I have the notice to hand in passport I will drop it myself - make appointment and book a flight like 10 days later. Didnā€™t seem to take longer in any case - and I selected Taipei pick up for the gold cardā€¦