The Employment Gold Card Super-Thread

I think you will be fine.

They will likely ask for a signed document form your employer detailing your salary, and the start date / raise date.

Iā€™d give them a call if itā€™s been in the same state for 3 weeks, they are busier than normal. They will have either not got round to looking at it yet, or they may require more documents from yourself.

Just some updates.
I submitted the additional document ( letter from company to prove I got >160K).

It passed the workforce professional review on 27/Nov and status changed to ā€˜under inspectionā€™. ( I from HongKong so no need to submit the passport in person.
)

Seem still need to wait a couple of days :joy:

Hoping someone here might be able to help me out as I canā€™t find a clear answer anywhere. I am looking at the Gold Card as a means to enter Taiwan and study Mandarin.
I donā€™t normally earn >$160k p/month, although I recently left my job and received an accrued leave pay out, so for that month I actually earned over double the $160k limit.
So my question is, do we only have to prove 1 month in which we were paid >160k, or do we have to show that this is our ā€œbaseā€ salary that we are/would be consistently paid?

It needs to be salary.

If you are able to provide a whole yearā€™s tax statement whose amount listed under ā€œsalaryā€ is over 160,000x12 NTD, you should be fine even if part of this ā€œsalaryā€ is actually a bonus. Thatā€™s the no-questions-asked way. If you are not and need to provide additional evidence like a contract with base salary, bonuses or any other monetary benefits will not count. Itā€™s contradictory but yea thatā€™s how it works.

Approved finallyā€¦
Email said the card need 21 days for delivery. Hope that come faster :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Just sharing my experience applying for the gold card.

-Followed directions per the guide at Nomadnumbers

-11/6 Applied under ā€œeconomicā€ and paid online
-11/9 Status change to ā€œprofessional review by workforce developmentā€
-12/2 Received email for passport submission from [niasys@immigration.gov.tw]
-12/2 Called and visited Denver Colorado TECO office to submit passport with receipt (open during COVID, no line, great personal service)
-12/2 Received email notification that application is approved
-12/3 Received email notification that certificate is finished and TECO office also called me to let me know my passport can be picked up - documents can be downloaded through the portal for entry and gold card pickup in Taipei!

1 Like

thanks for the update on how much time they take right now. So I should wait 3-4 more days before contacting them. For your application it took 3 weeks 2 days to process in Taiwainā€¦

My status says: 待äŗŒåÆ©, which google says means ā€œPending second trialā€. I see a few people had this, and then itā€™d go to ā€œprofessional reviewā€ just a day or so later, so hopefully I see the same.
Oddly I never received an email notice of any status change. I applied on Dec 2nd under Economy

Yes, give it some time, I emailed Ministry of Labor 24 days after I applied and got a reply ā€œreview of the results will come in near futureā€ - I got the approval 2 days later.

I would give it a full 30 days before checking in.

For anyone that sent their original passport to SF TECO for verification, how long did it take for them to mail it back to you?

The way Taiwanese react to the shiny Gold Card is hilarious, but I am happy to say that I havenā€™t encountered any major issues so far. As expected, the colour triggers questions and curiosity, so have your story ready about how ā€œspecialā€ you are to be awarded a 3-year visa :rofl: :rofl:

The funniest one was the auntie at Kaohsiungā€™s MVO asking me ā€œI also need your ARCā€, ā€œAuntie, you have it in your handsā€, ā€œHUH?!?!?!?ā€ :laughing:

2 Likes

how long after submitting more documents should I be waiting for something to move from ā€œProfessional Review by Workforce Development Agencyā€
any tricks to get the gears moving? applying under culture. So does the WDA just forward to app to MOC?

Supposedly the application gets reset and you go to the back of the line behind all other applications. So about another 1-2 weeks in average.

Atleast thatā€™s what I was told when I called Taiwan.

thats annoying. When do I call them? after the 30 days is up? seems like if youre applying under arts its gonna take a little bit longerā€¦

did you end up getting the gold card for arts?

Hey bacon, no I havenā€™t applied yet. We donā€™t plan to move til next fall so I want to wait until itā€™s a little bit closer. If nothing changes with our timeline, and I do decide to proceed with the arts pathway for the gold card, then Iā€™ll probably apply in the Spring of 2021.

Great going. I think hardly anyone has gotten a GC in that category.

Is it possible to get gold card while in the country on a NWOHR? Am US Citizen but entered on NWOHR due to Covid. Application review asks if I will enter on US passport next time to meet the status of my application. č«‹ē¢ŗčŖę˜Æ否ęœŖ來將仄ē¾Žåœ‹č­·ē…§å…„境台ē£ē¬¦åˆę­¤ę¬”ē”³č«‹čŗ«åˆ†ć€‚