EMT workers....biker talk....and other stuff

[quote=“plasmatron”]as I see it… it’s 10% over population, 10% non existant driving ability/ethics, 20% piss poor city planning and infrastructure and 60% fundamental lack of law enforcement… from traffic violations, to parking violations, to placement of road side advertising, pot plants, pedestrians, you name it… If they enforced the laws they have, we’d have a 70% improvement in traffic situation in Taiwan…

I know it wont’ happen anytime soon, but I am holding my breath…
but only because the air pollution’s so bad…
:wink:[/quote]

Could you please show me where those pot plants are? :wink:

make that 59% lack of law enforcement…

the other 1% can be attributed to wise ass Canadians… :raspberry: :wink:

Someone mentioned that YouTubers don’t know anything about Taiwan or Motorbikes and that’s why they don’t find many problems with my vids. But I’d say at least half of them ride bikes…to find my vids in the first place you’d pretty much have to be watching bike vids in the Auto section. It’s a small point, but I thought I’d point it out.

And I’d like to restate that I don’t get in people’s ways at crossings again…I rarely ever inconvenience other people with my riding…scare them maybe…but not inconvenience.

Well, I like 'em. Just be safe.

As far as I know, big bikes are illegal here, and they’re gradually phasing out all motorised bikes.

I’m on foot now, and use the motorcycle taxis - that is some scary shit - I see the ‘white light’ every day, to and from work…

I assume you mean mainland China by “here” Boss man…

Actually the opposite is true… China has recently opened up the big bike market and BMW and Harley Davidson and I think Ducati have official dealers in Beijing, Shanghai and HongKong… Yes the government is trying to do something about legislating the removal the millions of old poorly maintained filth spewing scooters from the roads (unlike the Taiwan “govt.” I might add :raspberry: ) but “big bikes” are most definitely there to stay…

Yep - China. I’ve seen a couple of bigger bikes, but 250cc at most. Methinks they’ve fallen off the back of a truck. Just a feeling…

I reckon most big bikers here would get them for the sake of showboating.

The pollution in my city (Quanzhou) is considerably less than in Taichung, and I’m guessing it has a lot to do with the amount of industry and motorised transport.

[quote=“Baas Babelaas”]

I reckon most big bikers here would get them for the sake of showboating. [/quote]

That’s why I got mine…what’s wrong with that :wink: .

Harley-Davidson in Mainland China

harley-davidson.cn/

1st Harley dealer in China

harley-davidson.cn/tabid/56/default.aspx

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Harley-Davidson in Mainland China

harley-davidson.cn/

harley-davidson.cn/tabid/56/default.aspx[/quote]
Erm… we’re discussing motorbikes, TC, not farm machinery. :wink:

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]Harley-Davidson in Mainland China

harley-davidson.cn/

harley-davidson.cn/tabid/56/default.aspx[/quote]
Erm… we’re discussing motorbikes, TC, not farm machinery. :wink:[/quote]Ay Sandy…I’ve been thru a few fields…but when the time is right…you’ll come play with the big boys…:sunglasses:

VSRC

No, it only FELT like that. On a proper bike it would feel like you were riding on a proper road once again. OK, enough.
(Anyway, I’d love a Harley, of course!)

You guys really should take a look at the direction the comments went…

youtube.com/comment_servlet? … -7SmpEtkXI

[quote=“Nonsequitur”]You guys really should take a look at the direction the comments went…

youtube.com/comment_servlet? … -7SmpEtkXI[/quote]

happens to every thread on here just about. the train heads for ILAN and ends up somewhere past Kaohsiung so to speak. but its all good :slight_smile:

Mordeth, good video. But, it’s appalling.

I live in Taiwan almost 3 years now, and I know what to expect.

But leaving bloody gloves on the street… thrown away by ambulance workers??? Gasoline on the road and the police doesn’t care to have it cleaned up? They leave it behind like this?

Jeez…

So imagine, what if one day YOU will have an accident? How would you feel under the care of these EMTs?

It could go like this:

Seems you’re still OK & conscious from your scooter crash, a bit in shock still perhaps. You’re carried into the ambulance. Some people and a stray dog around, watching it all happen. And then within a minute, speeding away heading for the hospital. Luckily you’re under the care of 2 EMT. They’re making sure you’re allright. A look at them, you notice their teeth are red of bin lang. Occasionally, the doors swing open so they can spit out a load of it. Thank god you’re nearing the hospital. The stuffy air in the ambulance doesn’t make you feel any better actually. So does the impression that this ambulance hasn’t been cleaned in a while.

I thought bib-lang gobble was antiseptic?
Maybe if its mixed with whisby…or is that Poly-B…hmmmm?