Encounter with possibly Racist Woman on Train (Songshan to Xike)

Hi, I encountered this foreigner woman twice and she hit me yesterday in the train without any reason. Im not sure if she has some mental anger problem, or a racist.

I wanted to report her to citizen patrol or something, maybe anyone of you encountered the same incident with her.

MOD EDIT: Pictures Removed for OP’s protection

2 Likes

Hi there. I would recommend that we do not post pictures of people you are making an allegation against. They could come in demanding a lawsuit.

If you are the victim of an assault, especially in view of security cameras, you should be calling the police and a lawyer.

7 Likes

Yeah if you’ve been physically attacked, the police would be where to go, not an online forum

4 Likes

I second this, the train/ stations all have cameras and they can identify the woman.

6 Likes

People always have a reason. Whether the reason is valid is another matter.

If you noticed her 2 times on the train (on the same day or on different days?), I would wonder how is it you looked at her? You were obviously in close proximity the second time because she physically hit you. Maybe she felt threatened by you. Did you look at her for an inappropriately long time? Did you look at her in an inappropriate way? Were you in close proximity to her both times? There are many questions you could ask yourself.

There are crazy people everywhere. But it’s very hard to understand the situation without more information.

Are you male or female and are you a foreigner?

Train then, not MRT?

Did the she just walk up to you from nowhere and hit you? Couldn’t you walk away or was it an unexpected?

Taiwan has had Taiwanese pulling knives on people in both the MRT and Train in last couple years so maybe you’re lucky it’s a foreigner with no knife.

2 Likes

10 posts were split to a new topic: From encounter 2

I was not looking at her. Thats why I was shocked. I dont stare at people on trains or anything. But i appreciate your suggestions, i was also thinking of the reason why but really it was a surprise she hit me out of nowhere.

3 Likes

Step 1: go to the police
Step 2: wait for an investigation
Step 3: go to court and ask her yourself or through a lawyer, if that’s what you’d prefer.
Step 4: come to some sort of resolution

4 Likes

Im a female foreigner too.

She was walking past by me. Initially she grabbed my phone and pushed it to my chest, like unrespectfully saying excuse me. Why would she do that, i was standing on my space and not even blocking anyone. The TRA is packed as usual. Then she hit me. Its real attitude problem. She got off in Xike station.

1 Like

Yes, I went to the police and they told me i need to sue. So i need to get insurance from the hospital to prove i really got hurt. Problem is, Im ok. A hard hit on the chest wont really need a hospital run.

I just wanted to give her a warning so she knows she cant do that to people. I believe im not the only one who encountered her attitude problem.

Some weeks ago she also pushed me with her two fingers while we were entering the train, i let this pass. But hitting me is another thing…

1 Like

At least the police seem unbiased in not doing shit about anything.

9 Likes

I’m a bit confused. Please make some clarifications.

1. You are a foreigner and she is also a foreigner?

2. The title of this thread is “Encounter with a Racist Woman on Train”. Based on what you’ve posted, it doesn’t seem that she was racist towards you at all. She didn’t scream “Fucking Foreigner!” at you or anything else to indicate that her problem was with your race, did she? Was the perpetrator white and you are black or a person of colour? What did she do to you that would make you feel that her behavior towards you was racist or discriminatory in nature?

3. You’ve indicated that this isn’t your first encounter with this woman and that it’s only escalated since the first time? This is the second time? The first time, she already physically assaulted you by purposely putting hands on you and pushing you? But now, it’s escalated to hitting?

4. After this second encounter, you are only interested in giving her a warning?

She’s already determined that you are her victim as you haven’t done anything on either encounters. She sees you as weak and the bullying will only get worse on future encounters.

You need to get a lawyer and sue her for assault and get it done now. Otherwise the security video will be overwritten and she won’t be punished for her assault and battery on you.

Best of luck.

6 Likes

Honestly, if you don’t have any injury serious enough for a hospital visit and she didn’t damage your personal belongings, why are you bothering with a costly lawsuit that’ll probably not yield the desired result? Everyone has encountered a crazy and/or racist person once in a while. She’s probably mentally ill. Just let it go, is my advice. Shit happens, but you’re no worse for the wear now.

1 Like
  1. Yes we are both foreigners
  2. I am a filipino. Thats just my assumption of her being a racist, she may not be. She might be a bully if she is not a racist. Those two incidents are enough for me to think she discriminates me.
  3. The reason i just wanted to give her a warning is that I am a bit afraid she has some mental disorder or instability that could escalate to a more serious bullying. She might hurt me more when I sue her if the case wont end up well. As per police, we can only retrieve cctv from the platform area, there are no cameras inside old tra trains. There wont be any physical evidence of the incident, just my narration. Witnesses would be locals.

I understand your point tho that its better that I take legal actions. Im just afraid if she would get to really identify me through the case, she would do much more damage to me. Tho I know it would mean she can get deported or arrested but what if she’s out of her mind.

We both work in Songshan I guess. I have seen her a couple of times on the platform, same time i also get off from work.

2 Likes

Im thinking the same now. And ill just stay away from her, to be safe.

5 Likes

The first rule of crazy people is “stay away”.

8 Likes

It’s pretty standard that if you’re going to accuse someone of assault, you need to prove you’ve been physically harmed. Going to the hospital and saying “I was attacked on the train and want to document my injuries” is SOP, even if you’re not actually injured.

Since this keeps happening, do you have any friends who routinely travel with you at that time? Could they hang back and use a phone to record her attacking you the next time she’s on the same train?

Cellphone video works. If you remember the obnoxious little shit a few years ago who was harassing a mixed couple on the MRT, the police only bothered to do anything when the couple threatened to take their cellphone video to the media.

5 Likes

I have friends who travel w me on the same route bound home at times. Thanks I appreciate this and all the other replies.

7 Likes