Cap Marvel, Endgame & the Marvel Cinematic Universe 2019

Ticket sales for Captain Marvel start next week:

FB_IMG_1550301555407

First Marvel flop?

Trailer looks not that interesting.

Clearly you have forgotten Ghost Rider with Nic Cage!

And The Hulk

This all seem so forced, i’ve never heard of captain marvel neither did most of the people I talked to. They’ve been doing so much PR for it like it’s sooooo amazing and is up there with Ironman or Spiderman. It’s not. It was never popular, no one liked it after they tried to reboot the comics multiple times. Now they want to make it into a blockbuster movie? Wonder woman is popular, people like her charater. Not so much captain marvel, it just smells of SJW stuff like the awful super girl show.

And when it flops, they’re going to blame it on the sexist men and patriacrhy like ghostbusters and oceans 8.

The character was originally “Ms. Marvel” and debuted in the 1970s as a distaff counterpart of a male character called Captain Marvel (an alien military officer named Mar-Vell who renounced militarism and ultimately gained “cosmic awareness”). In her day job she edited the women’s section of the Daily Bugle. Oh, and her original costume showed her belly button. The male alien Captain Marvel died of cancer, and his superhero moniker was later assumed by a black woman named Monica Rambeau. Meanwhile Ms. Marvel became Binary, then Warbird, and finally Captain Marvel. (Capt. Monica became Photon, then Spectrum.)

More people would be familiar with the Fawcett (later DC) character Captain Marvel, a little boy who turns into a Superman-type hero when he says the magic word “Shazam” (and then a bolt of magic lightning comes down). The character was originally supposed to be called “Captain Thunder,” but that was taken. The fairly whimsical comic outsold Superman at one point, and spun off a number of characters such as Mary Marvel (possibly the first distaff counterpart) and Capt. Marvel Jr. (who counted Elvis among his fans). There was a Republic serial and a 1970s live-action Saturday morning show. A Shazam! movie will come out this month, but the character will not be called “Captain Marvel” to avoid confusion with the Marvel character.

What happened was this: In the 1940s, DC sued Fawcett for trademark infringement (due to Cap’s resemblance to Superman), and they settled out of court, with Fawcett agreeing to stop publishing the character. In the 1960s Marvel Comics created their own “Captain Marvel” character in order to lay claim to the now lapsed trademark (since they didn’t want any other company to publish a superhero with “Marvel” in his name). In the 1970s DC bought the rights to the Shazam! character and began publishing comics called Shazam!. Recently there has been some attempt to start calling that superhero “Shazam,” even though that is actually the name of another character (a wizard), and it would make it difficult for the superhero to say his own name.

Flop, and once it does, she will blame white men lol.

Omg that hulk movie, i almost forgot about it…

Goddammit, this is offensive. She wants FEWER white men.

Maybe she meant “less white”, like she has some beef with albino people?

1 Like

This is pretty funny if it’s true

It’s pretty telling that you’re so quick to claim that Captain Marvel is gonna be a flop just because the lead is a woman.

no, I said the trailer is boring. I liked wonder woman because it’s a cool character and a decent movie.

or because he didn’t like many of the others.

1 Like

ComicBook.com: ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Toys Reportedly Banned From Toy Fair New York.
https://comicbook-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/comicbook.com/marvel/amp/2019/02/17/avengers-endgame-toys-banned-toy-fair-new-york/

Hype, hype, bring it up!

Enjoy

https://youtu.be/cNiU7SvIzGo

So my choices are adult diapers or what is the name of that app that tells you when it is safe to go pee?

Apps can read bladders now?

Has anyone watched captain marvel?

Yeah, it’s great! Loved the Silver Surfer / Galactus cameo.

Kidding–I haven’t really seen it yet.

There allegedly exists an app that tells you the full moments in the movie when one can sneak out and not miss much.