Endocrinologist?

WCIF a good English-speaking endocrinologist (thyroid disorder) in Taipei?
Thanx in advance :slight_smile:

I think MacKay Memorial Hospital would be your best bet.

mmh.org.tw/intro/intro3-1.asp

Thank you gavmasterflash :slight_smile:

Since it’s been a few years, I thought I’d inquire re: a good endocrinologist in 2019.

I have Addison’s Disease and Hashimoto’s, and therefore need a good endocrinologist who is attentive to my specific medication requirements.

I saw an endocrinologist at Taiwan Adventist yesterday, and the doctor there could only prescribe medications that the hospital had in-stock. Unfortunately, the pills on file would clash pretty heavily with my regimen as it has existed for over 6 years. Changing my medications at this point is ill-advised.

Are there any endocrinologists that practice outside of the hospitals, particularly one that can prescribe what I need? In the end, yesterday, I found a pharmacy that carries my specific pill, and I had to purchase it out-of-pocket. I’d rather not do that again, so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

There is a functional medicine doc who is also a family medicine PCP trained from National Taiwan University. He speaks English and is a very patient-centered. Might be able to help you.

https://g.co/kgs/AArN4X

mferng: Have you been to that clinic? How are the cost? I’m new to Taipei and wondering what to expect in terms of health cost (e.g. initial consultation, checkup). Interested in functional medicine clinics.

How about you go to NTU hospital they have good insrumentation for testing hormones and diagnosis, which can be pretty tricky.
But nothing wrong with trying other recommendations either.

They take national health insurance so the copay is quite low - about NT200-300 if I recall. Not sure how much it would cost for out-of-pocket without insurance. Similar to western functional medicine clinics, the lab tests will cost a pretty penny.