Enduro, supermoto, hypermoto and pure dirt bikes

[quote=“coolingtower”]Recently I’ve noticed that newspapers in Taiwan refer to ANY bike over 250cc as being a “Ha Lei Ji Che”, which is the Chinese translation of “Harley Davidson Motorcycle”. They should be saying “Zhong Xing Ji Che”, or “heavy-type motorcycle”.[/quote]Trouble is, “Zhong Xing Ji Che” is already in standard use meaning anything bigger than 50cc!

[quote=“coolingtower”]Mordeth’s idea of supermoto is a good one, and he’s not alone

Questions for Mordeth:

1. How dangerous are knobby tires on pavement or “twisties”?[/quote]Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t supermotos like enduro bikes but with street tyres? Look at the ones in Mungacious’s video links:
    [Four wheels bad, two wheels good?

But if you really want to ride a bike with knobbly tyres on the road then yes it’s certainly possible. I don’t like the feel-- feels kind of squirmy and not enough feedback-- but my brother managed to ride a 250 dirt bike with knobblies faster round corners than I rode a 400 street bike.

[quote=“Mordeth”]3. Supposedly if you lean an enduro or supermoto into a corner like you would on a sports bike the bike will wobble. You need to stay upright or possibly lean the opposite direction?[/quote]Of course they lean and no, not in the opposite direction!!! Just not as much as on a sport bike.