Energy usage tag found on appliances

So appliances that tend to use electricity like crazy, such as fridge, dehumidifiers, and AC units all have this tag that tells you what the appliance is rated, you know from 5 to 1, 5 being least efficient and 1 being most efficient.

On the tag it says how much electricity in Kwh it uses per year, but the number is low, like very low. For example most AC units in the 8000 btu range it will say it uses 400kwh per year, and a dehumidifier with a rating of 1 will say something like 66 kwh per year.

How do they get these figures? Based on what setting are they getting these figures? I’m asking because it seems like to me, the appliance in question uses WAY MORE kwh per year than what that sticker says. The dehumidifier uses 66kwh per month, and the AC unit uses 400 per month.

Are they basing those figures on basically not using the AC at all and having it on standby?

The LG fridge I bought had a rating of 3 at Costco and a rating of 1 in some other store (can’t remember the name).

I didn’t actually pay attention to the electricity usage numbers, just the colorful thermometer.