England Drinking Germany DRY!

Time for a pint…or 17…

[quote]BEER WE GO
Germans fear weii going to drink them dry
By Jeremy Armstrong

ENGLAND’s massive army of World Cup fans is drinking Germany dry, it emerged yesterday.

Breweries warned beer could run out before the final because of huge demand from our supporters.

In Nuremberg, organisers revealed 70,000 England fans who flooded the city drank 1.2MILLION pints of beer - an average of 17 pints each.

Astonished bar keeper Herrmann Murr said: “Never have I seen so many drink so much in such little time.”

His bar at a fans’ tent in the city ran out after they drained all 32 of his 50-litre (11 gallon) barrels.

Herr Murr calculated Britons were shifting beer at a staggering rate of 200 pints per minute.

City official Peter Murrmann said: “The English proved themselves world champs. They practically drank us dry.”

In Cologne, where England drew with Sweden, bottles and barrels of the local K?lsch beer ran out because so many English took them to campsites and parties.

Stuttgart bar chiefs said an extra 900,000 pints were sunk last weekend where 60,000 fans partied before and after our 1-0 win over Ecuador.

The Veltins brewery also revealed it has produced a record 418,000 gallons in a bid to keep up with demand.

A spokesman said: “It is incredible how much is being drunk but the hardest thing for the breweries is keeping up with the thirst of the English.”

In Dortmund, where most fans for England’s Gelsenkirchen clash against Portugal on Saturday are staying, the giant DAB brewery is bracing itself by ferrying in extra supplies to boost production.
Mirror UK[/quote]

Lucky the Irish and Scots didn’t qualify then…

And that the Aussies are out.

HG

We’ve got to be good at something!! :beer:

Another round for the table leipschen!

What I can’t believe is that they were surprised!

HG there is a difference between not being able to hold your beer and drinking a lot of it. We all know that the old colonies never mastered drinking but at least the Aussies do better than the Yanks. :laughing:

I don’t know about that. You’d have to define “better”… When I was last in London making visits to every pub I could, I was astonished - no, make that gobsmacked - to see so many young Brits drinking Anheuser-Busch Budweiser from a bottle (not that its any better from the tap or a can)…

In the States, I drink as much of this as possible:

TM-
I have visited their brewery 3 times and am responsible for getting Arrogant Bastard into 3 bars in Long Beach and Seal Beach…great ale…just great. Its a serious glassful!

We are not worthy!

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]TM-
I have visited their brewery 3 times and am responsible for getting Arrogant Bastard into 3 bars in Long Beach and Seal Beach…great ale…just great. Its a serious glassful!

We are not worthy![/quote]

You’re the man, TC! I’ve always wanted to visit that brewery… but, each time I’m in SD I seem to be busy with crap like clients… :fume:

I’m truly envious! :wink:

They’ve a few other very nice ales, too. Love the Ruination IPA…

People (in a generalised, mass sense) are stupid. How else can you explain A-B’s product being so successful? I hear that more and more Pinoys are drinking B*dweiser which means the very acceptable local brew San Miguel is struggling for it’s future. It’s sad, sad, sad.

I always think the test of a good beer is if you’d still drink it at room temperature. The reason that Coors, B*d, Fosters and Carling all say “serve ice cold” on the label is because that way you can’t taste how shitty their product is.

That’s true! People are swayed by A-B’s clever adverts. Their ads win all kind of awards… but, their product doesn’t.

Yes, its sad. I’m no fan of SM (neither do I particularly dislike it), but, I wouldn’t want to see A-B supplant it in the PI.

That’s true.

That’s true.[/quote]

Kirin out of the 7-11 is my choice of street corner beer for that very reason. Heineken has to be cold or it tastes like you’re drinking it out of an elk’s bottom, Kirin on the other hand can handle not being ice-cold. Not that it’s wonderful, but I hate throwing the stuff away.

That’s true.[/quote]

Kirin out of the 7-11 is my choice of street corner beer for that very reason. Heineken has to be cold or it tastes like you’re drinking it out of an elk’s bottom, Kirin on the other hand can handle not being ice-cold. Not that it’s wonderful, but I hate throwing the stuff away.[/quote]

I concur.

No wonder, that’s up north. They used to drink out of tiny cups and bottles. Go donw south to munich. If you order a size like 0,5l (or even 0,3l sometimes up there) they look at you like you are not worth of it anyway. There has to be atleast one liter in a jug, than you have the right thing in hand. :wink:

Oh, and the only Budweise which I have tried was the one brewd in the town of Budweis or Cesky Budjovice in Czech Republic. Visiting their brewery was great, at least, I think so, not so sure anymore, can’t remeber too much. :smiley: