English breakfast

That’s The Cock Tavern on Portland Street. :smiley: There is also The Old Cock on Fleet Street.[/quote]

There are a lot of cocks in London :slight_smile: . This is the one I was thinking of:

fancyapint.com/Pub/london/cock-tavern/1742

I used to go there for a special beery breakfast once a month or so when I worked in London. Well worth a visit, assuming it hasn’t been completely ruined by the new money over the past 10 years.

That’s The Cock Tavern on Portland Street. :smiley: There is also The Old Cock on Fleet Street.[/quote]

There are a lot of cocks in London :slight_smile: . This is the one I was thinking of:

fancyapint.com/Pub/london/cock-tavern/1742

I used to go there for a special beery breakfast once a month or so when I worked in London. Well worth a visit, assuming it hasn’t been completely ruined by the new money over the past 10 years.[/quote]

Wow, the entrance looks so inviting! Isn’t there an expression cock on?

Cock on, you Bobby Dazzler.

Eventhough I have never been to Pot Pie Cafe. But, to get the record straigth, that place is run by a pretty lady from Hong Kong, Maggie Liu. I wouldn’t be surprised if she holds a British passport. By the way, she also hosts a cooking show on TLC.

Mr SuperKing

[quote]Wow, the entrance looks so inviting! Isn’t there an expression cock on?

Cock on, you Bobby Dazzler.[/quote]

It’s Cock Off, you Bobby Dazzler (go away you idiot).

I like all cock n’ no balls (but I made it up).

Mr Finley

Can’t wait to go get me fill of shite grub. I asked the wife what she wants to eat the most and she told me Chinese Take Away :eh:

Does not compute. :ponder:

People at work always take me out for a Chinese when I go back, just to take the piss … although since most of them haven’t been to Taiwan, they don’t realise that HK-style food is nothing like what you get here.

“All cock and no balls” is valid Southeast dialect. Same meaning as “all mouth and no trousers”. I’m sure I’ve also heard “Cock on” uttered by various cockney wankers. AFAIK it doesn’t actually mean anything.

I spent a week in wales recently, could not get a decent fry up in the vicinity of the office. Very disappointing. What has happened over there?
Coffee! Starbucks! Muffin to go!

Ireland still does some good fry ups like the Scots…the old heart attack on a plate can’t be beaten. Just don’t eat it everyday so you can enjoy them far into the future.

Black pudding…oh yeah. Actually the Germans make very good blood pudding too it has to be said.

Short answer:

Beleaguered answer:

Usually I’m positive.

I’m still waiting for any kind of real breakfast. Blintz, latkes, lefse, and gjetost.
and a bit of pyttipanne that I don’t have to make myself. But in the end I always have to.

Sorry for being grumpy. Sorry for hijacking. I’ll temp myself if you want me to. :laughing:

[quote=“elektronisk”]Short answer:

Blintz, latkes, lefse, and gjetost.
and a bit of pyttipanne:lol:[/quote]

yeah those Finnish-Yiddish breakfast shops over here just can’t seem to get it right can they? :sunglasses:

pretty? She should eat some of her food, she looks anorexic…

1 San Miquel having me brekkie now.