English Camps (offered by mash)?

I am strongly considering going for one of these positions. It seems like a good way to make some quick cash in a short time. BUT, I read in some other threads about some gripes with these guys. I believe the posters were James Dean and mash? Loretta in particular was not happy with them. Can anybody tell me anything about them? I’m not looking at a long term position, just a summer camp. Can they be trusted for 7 days?

Note: This post was edited by the Moderator.

I expect you’ll be fine. I’ve bitched aplenty about and to James Dean, but there are plenty of worse jobs out there. I certainly don’t think he’s going out of his way to rip people off or anything.

The commercial realities of this sort of business are that teachers are commodities, and have to be ‘managed’ as such. Do your job, take the money and run. Say Hi! to the man for me.

NB James Dean has posted here as ‘jamesdeanwashere’ and someone is now advertising his jobs as ‘mash’. We have rules here about smerfing so I hope that in future there won’t be any misunderstandings about who is posting. Changing your name is a good way to make people think you’re up to no good.

Thx for the advice, Loretta. I think I’m going to go for it, and hope it works out.