English Computer Lab

Every computer I have used in Taiwan has an operating system in Chinese, and it is extremely hard for me to navigate.

Does anyone know of an Internet Cafe or Computer Lab that has an operating system in English. OR, does anyone know an easy way for me to change the computer to English, that includes the operating system menus, as well as web pages / internet searches.

Thank you !!

Which version of Windows do you have?

If you are in Taipei, you can call Nam -info here in this forum. You can also take your computer to most shops in Guanwha’s computer market, the one son Bade Road, they can change your OP to English -do save all your data first. Good luck.

[quote=“FernwehTogether”]Every computer I have used in Taiwan has an operating system in Chinese, and it is extremely hard for me to navigate.

Does anyone know of an Internet Cafe or Computer Lab that has an operating system in English. OR, does anyone know an easy way for me to change the computer to English, that includes the operating system menus, as well as web pages / internet searches. [/quote]
What are you trying to do? I use PortableApps on a thumb drive / USB stick, and that lets me use my own software, and my own preferences and bookmarks, on whatever computer I plug it into. This doesn’t let me dig into the operating system, but it lets me use office software (Open Office) and Firefox and VLC (which can play pretty much anything). All the programs are on, and run from, the USB stick, and the preferences - including languages - carry over from computer to computer.

Mind you, you’ll also want to be very careful about the malware you’ll pick up and carry to other computers. I use this on several different classroom computers at work and my office computer, and I always scan it as soon as I plug it in to my home computer. I don’t think I’d feel comfortable just plugging it into a random internet cafe computer, and I don’t type important passwords into any of those classroom computers.