English Crumpet in Taiwan?

ANYONE no WhEre I cAn Find soMe English Crumpet in TaiPeI?

Ladies or the bread variety?

Dunno, but I know where you can get some Tart.

Thanks, tip your waiter.

Is a crumpet the same as a toasted teacake? Just curious.

See the little holes for catching the melted butter?
Them’s good eating but I’ve never seen them here, worse luck!

They’re not English Muffins are they? The kind on the Egg McMuffin?

No, they’re not English muffins. Two different things - see Sandman’s photo above.

Might be in the aisle next to the correct use of the ‘Shift’ key, across from the ‘know’.

Here you go Richard. Everything you need to know about English baked goods of the crumpet variety. My mum used to make hers with sharp cheese in them. Divine.

Thanks. A the office, I’m supposed to be working. I typed crumpet into google and got pictures of boobies.

I once met some people from the old country who put butter on the flat side of the crumpet… what’s that about? :loco:

thank you for that :notworthy:

Uh… forgive the ignorance. But saw the website Sandman posted. The descriptions didn’t help at all. Esp, the difference between the Muffin and Crumpet. The descriptions said how they were eaten but nothing about the composition of the stuff. And the pictures, the muffin and crumpet looked the same. At least if I took the muffin and laid it open, slabbed some butter on top. Viola.

Could someone explain the differences? I assume taste being one. How so? Made with different ingredients? etc.

Thanks for the education.

P.S. I thought strumpet would get boobies not crumpet.

Crumpets:

English muffins:

So is this a discussion about where to find crumpets, or the difference between them and English muffins? The distinction, to me, is clear ( my family emigrated from the UK). But where can I get them here?

I think you will need some flour, yeast, an old tuna tina and an oven! The tin is for the shape! :slight_smile:

pm me for arecipe

Back on topic. They have frozen crumpets for sale in the supermarket at the Far Eastern Mall.
And they’re totally different from muffins. They also have fresh English muffins for sale in the bakery there.

No one’s told ever defined what an English muffin is to me. Is it just an North Americanism for a small muffin?

muffin

Standard muffin

For pics of “English muffins” see previous page. You know, the flat things. Split, toast, butter.

I used to buy English muffins and make mini pizzas out of them…OMG so good…I should try that here, but for some unknown reason our apartment doesnt have a oven, just a mini toaster. Might still work.

Got it…so McDonalds McMuffins are really English muffins.