English name on Taiwan hospital-issued birth certificates

For those of you who had a kid in Taiwan and at least one of the partners has household registration…

When applying for an English version of the birth certificate, did the hospital let you fill out whatever English name you wanted to write down on the form, or did they insist on the English name being a romanized version of the Chinese name?

I’m reading horror stories online of certain hospitals (e.g. Chang Gung) stubbornly insisting that the English name come from the household registration certificate, and that the household registration office insists on translating to a romanized version of the Chinese name. How common is this? The result is the kid can only have a romanized Chinese name instead of whatever western name you want to give him. The problem gets worse when the kid has his Taiwanese mother’s surname in the Chinese name and the parents want to have a western given name and the non-Chinese heritage father’s surname in the foreign name.

I had no problem. All my kids (3 so far) were born in the same hospital, tho.
Their Chinese and non-Chinese names are not the same, not even the surname. Hospital didn’t blink an eye before giving me their birth certificates.

No problem with it here, Chinese and English names completely unrelated, don’t have a hukou though.