English Right Here...Saturday is social night..come and play

Hello everyone,

Taichung now has a brand new English centre geared towards providing an immersive environment for adults to learn English. We offer both group and one-on-one sessions for all skill levels including absolute beginners.

Twice a month we offer a free social mixer for clients and non-clients alike, designed to duplicate a real world environment for everyone to practice social English. Stop by to make new Taiwanese friends, and mix with the Western community in comfortable surroundings with free coffee, tea, and mixed snacks, and moderately priced imported British beer and cider!

We’re looking forward to seeing you next Saturday, January 13, 2007, from 10 P.M. (2200) onwards, so call 04-24755775 for details and directions, or have a look at our facilities on the web at erh.com.tw.

Cheers!

P.S. Refer a Taiwanese friend who signs up for our services, and receive 5000 NTD in vouchers as our way of saying thanks!

I’m confused. What is the motivation for a native English speaker to go to this?

And, vouchers? Vouchers for what? English lessons? :slight_smile:

Might be vouchers for English lessons - you’d be amazed how many people hit me up on Skype offering to help me improve my English (who are Taiwanese or native speakers) and then almost get offended when I don’t want to practice. Sorry, I’ve been practicing English since birth. If I haven’t gotten it by now, I’m never going to learn (kind of like some bushiban students who always stay in lower levels).

That sounds awesome - poker with Bren :loco: & 5000 to gamble with, plus a bonus - English cider! Did check out your building & well done guys. The place looks great & the logo is pretty neat. :uk: See you Saturday. Ted. :bow:

Welcome to a great chance to teach English for free and make money for the business.

I kin learn them folks HillBilly 'en Texican !

Yeehaaa’ Y’all!

Hi all,

Just to clear up a few oversights from the initial posting…

Our social night is a great opportunity to network and meet new people, Taiwanese or Western alike, in a professional environment where you can relax and have a good time. We offer assorted complimentary snacks and beverages, such as tea, coffee and the ever popular warm water, along with a great selection of imported English beers and cider which can be purchased for very reasonable prices. Please feel free to bring your Taiwanese friends who, we’re sure, will love what we’ve done with the place, and have fun practicing their English skills in a social setting.

BTW, Ironlady, your assumption that this is “…a great chance to teach English for free and make money for the business”, is entirely incorrect. Those attending our social night have no obligation to do anything other than relax and enjoy meeting new people. If you’d like to stop by and check it out for yourself, you’re more than welcome. No teaching required, honest! For that matter, we’d love anyone and everyone to stop by and take a look from 10 P.M. (2200) onwards.

Cheers, from all the hard working folks over at English Right Here, and looking forward to seeing you Saturday night!

So it’s ok to just speak Chinese then? That’d be easier.

Edit Sorry, just teasing, good luck.

Hi you.

Two questions:

1. What about the environment is “professional”, and

2. How can I relax and have a good time in a professional environment?

I assume they don’t mean you’ll be sitting on a swivel chair under harsh strip lighting, frowning at Windows 98 while listening to 50 office girls talking to their mothers on the 'phone while 3 middle aged white blokes run around looking pissed off muttering ‘mid-year review’…

This sounds like a promo for a BAR, IMO. (not that theres anything wrong with that)
“…great selection of imported English beers and cider which can be purchased for very reasonable prices.”
Yup…a bar.
Looks like a new, and being the capitalist I am, hopefully successful marketing concept for a bar.

Yeah…thats the ticket…“Word Games for 300 Alex…and I’ll have another draft Taiwan Pi Joe with that…”

A professional bar?

Sounds like a good place to pick up some wealthy privates.

I’m getting ideas…

Best find a drink SOON! :wink:

It may well get mistaken for a professional lounge bar on social night! :sunglasses:

[quote=“jdsmith”][quote=“TainanCowboy”]I’m getting ideas…[/quote]Best find a drink SOON! :wink:[/quote]Bidness ideas Lad, bidness ideas. I know of 2 new bars opening up. Higher class joints as it were. An evening of something like this might well fit into their bidness plan.
New lands are rarely found w/out exploration.

That’s what I’d use it for, for sure. You’d only need to undercut by a tiny amount, especially in Taichung. I know at least two folks going to this thing for that express purpose. NT$5,000 per referral, plus you pinch their students. Money in the bank.
Isn’t that pretty much what happened to the Chit Chat club up there in Shilin? Is that place still going?

Hi you.

Two questions:

1. What about the environment is “professional”, and

2. How can I relax and have a good time in a professional environment?[/quote]

Two statements…

1. MANY people say you are not such a giant prick in real life.
  2. I have trouble believing statement one.

[quote=“TomHill”] Two statements…

1. MANY people say you are not such a giant prick in real life.
  2. I have trouble believing statement one.[/quote]

One reply:

I don’t care about your troubles or what you believe.

Nonetheless, I’m flattered that you’ve singled me out for reprimand when pretty much everyone who has posted in this thread has been snarky to some extent. I feel… special.