English teacher= Boyfriend?

:laughing: :laughing:

Dionysus, Bachus, it’s all Greek to me.

“When the wine had enflamed their minds, and the dark night and the intermingling of men and women, young and old, had smothered every feeling of modesty, depravities of every kind began to take place because each person had ready access to whatever perversion his mind was inclined.” (Livy, A History of Rome XXXIX.14)

HG

[quote="beautifulspam… IF this guy is looking for more than a screw.[/quote]

More than a screw? Like what? Give me an example? I’m confused!

In my book, dating a student is a violation of common sense. Students are hands off…especially under 18. <<That is just craziness.

If it is a private adult student that you are tutoring, then I see no harm. But when you work for an establishment, be it a school, buxiban, etc, you are there to teach not flirt. There is just too much potential for career suicide, classroom disruption, and distraction.

My advice for the OP:

If you are under 18: Let your feelings remain as an infatuation and let it die.

If you are over 18 and this is a “school” you are attending: Think about his career and what is at stake for him before you make your advance.

If you are over 18 and this is a private tutor: Go for it, but dont be hurt if he says no and doesnt want to tutor you anymore…its a risk you take when making your advance.

:laughing:

He’s an English teacher in Taiwan, what lumious career prospects are you talking about?

HG

I like foreigner maybe because of the Greek sculptures. I have involved in painting, drawing and art history for a long time, it made me have the TASTE. I like the people who has colorful eyes, hair and the western facial contour.
I was not only a student but also a FRIEND to my English teachers in the cram schools; it happened several times, but finally my English teachers and I always felt a little bit disappointment to each other. They thought me too serious while I considered them as the beautiful creature who were not knowledgeable.
Now I have another English teacher who has academic background. We have had the conversation class for 10 months. I appreciate that I have the chance to meet a Greek sculpture with profundity; on the contrast, I worry about that I will be serious (or boring) as before.

It’s my story and the reason why I asked the question…[/quote]

You know, maybe this WAS a serious question.

The FIRST thing you have to realize is that foreigners are people, not pets, not sculptures. The sculptures were idealized forms, real people didn’t look like that (ver few at least).

Even photography is to a great extent a lie, you see a body from one angle, and way the body is lit changes aspects of it. VERY few of my models look like their photos in person.

If you are looking for a long term relationship, the FIRST thing to do is stop asking the question “What do foreigners like?” and realize that men are men are men are men. Why not ask the question “What do men like?”[/quote]
Why not ask the question “What do IIIIIIII like?” And, then go find it. Are you really going to change yourself to fit some preconceived idea of what foreigners or men like? :unamused:

Bodo[/quote]

The simple fact is that what she is looking for is an exotic pet. Keeping a foreigner is right up there with a Pomerenian or a Persian cat. The reality is that 95-98% of Chinese view the world as Human and Foreigner. I’ve personally had it up to here [places hand hear nasal pasages] with this. What you are describing just ain’t gonna happen, because it “…isn’t the Chinese way…”

If she’d come and asked the right question, it might have implied a different way of thinking. She didn’t. She asked “What do you monkey men like??” The differentiation was already there.

He’s an English teacher in Taiwan, what lumious career prospects are you talking about?

HG[/quote]

You’ve got a point. Those of us stupid enough to still be here are pretty much blackballed for any decent job :smiley:…

More than a screw? Like what? Give me an example? I’m confused![/quote]

He COULD be looking for a bolt…or a washer? Or how about a hex nut?? :stuck_out_tongue:

HG[/quote]

I think we should talk more about my buttocks.

MJB :heart: 's them. :smiley:

MJB :heart: 's them. :smiley:[/quote]

He wants me to go “camping” with him. I’m definitely taking a cork with me.

You’ve been tasting paints? :astonished: Do you use a brush or your finger?

Some english teacher wrote

Why? When I started dating students I checked with my boss first. She said to be nice, use common sense, and never initiate flirting. Oh and if I got married or a steady girlfriend I wasn’t to tell anyone- just in case someone had a crush on me? And here I am with the sex appeal of an autistic toad. :loco:

In the end I only slept with two of my students. I am so behind the curve.

Jenny wrote:

Hmm, you do realize that the schools pay us to pretend to like you people, right? BTW the TGI Friday staff aren’t really your friends.

[quote=“beautifulspam”][quote]

In my book, dating a student is a violation of common sense. Students are hands off…

[/quote]

Why? When I started dating students I checked with my boss first. She said to be nice, use common sense, and never initiate flirting. Oh and if I got married or a steady girlfriend I wasn’t to tell anyone- just in case someone had a crush on me? And here I am with the sex appeal of an autistic toad. :loco:

In the end I only slept with two of my students. I am so behind the curve.[/quote]

The students you had relations with…what grade level? Did they initiate the flirting? Did it cause any distractions in class?

I dunno, what grade are you in when you’re thirty?

No distractions in class, thanks to my boss’s three simple rules.

1- they hit on you first
2- you are nice to them
3- you don’t let on in public

Sorry guys and girls, but I think you’ve all been taken for a ride. I think ‘iamjenny’ is a poor attempt at a piss-take. It just doesn’t add up.

For a non-native English speaker, her spelling is impeccable, and has an impressive vocabulary (‘profundity’), yet comes up with ‘sentences’ such as

which barely makes sense grammatically!

Just look at her grammatical ‘mistakes’, which I suspect were faked to make it seem ‘authentic’. :unamused:

She has a tendency to use articles where they are not necessary:

‘because of the Greek sculptures’
‘I like the people…’
‘the good feeling’

Surely a native speaker of Chinese, a language which doesn’t HAVE any articles, would err by leaving out articles such as ‘the’ and ‘a’ where they SHOULD be, rather than using them where they aren’t needed?

That said, I am sure the ‘foreigner-groupie’ thing does exist, and that there are Taiwanese girls out there who do objectify men, but I find it hard to believe that someone who has clearly had exposure to foreign teachers over a period of time (ie. conversation ‘class’ for 10 months) would be
that ignorant as to what men want. :loco:

The fact that she has only made 2 posts on Forumosa (both in this thread), joined just before posting and has not posted since, also makes me suspect a troll…

Of course, I am happy to wear it if I am wrong and iamjenny is real.

She’s probably had good English teachers.

HG

I am keeping plenty of PM Inbox room, waiting for an indignant reply from Jenny. It’s a shame I don’t have a body like a Greek sculpture. :unamused:

It is possible that ‘Jenny’ and others do still have this way of thinking, but when you post views like that on a site like Forumosa, you are fair game IMO.

[quote=“taipei_swan”]
She has a tendency to use articles where they are not necessary:

‘because of the Greek sculptures’
‘I like the people…’
‘the good feeling’
Of course, I am happy to wear it if I am wrong and iamjenny is real.

I am keeping plenty of PM Inbox room, waiting for an indignant reply from Jenny.[/quote]

Thank you for correcting my poor grammar. :notworthy:
I will not give any indignant reply to anyone, especially the person who taught me how to use articles, and of course, I don’t want to be rude. :slight_smile:
p.s. iamjenny is my newest user name here… :smiley: