English translation of Birth Certicate

Where do you go to get a certified and notirized english translation of a birth certicate? Any ideas on how much it costs? I tried contacting the hospital and they said they don’t offer an english verison.

Why do you need it?
Check carefully to see if it has to be notarized. You will probably be able to find a notary to do it (the notary in theory has to know both languages – we had a terrible time finding a Spanish notary a couple of years back, and in the end careful questioning revealed that, oh, we don’t REALLY need it notarized, we were just saying so.)
As for a “certified translation”, that just means the translator or translation agency (probably the company if it’s for Taiwan) provides a statement that the translation is true, accurate and complete. I do them all the time. It’s just a piece of paper with a signature on it, hopefully on letterhead and looking official.

HTH
il

The wording often looks something like this:

[quote][b]
CERTIFICATE OF ACCURACY OF TRANSLATION

I, [NAME OF TRANSLATOR], attest to my competency to translate from [NAME OF FOREIGN LANGUAGE] to English, and I certify I have translated the attached document.

The attached translation is the correct English translation of all pertinent information from the original [NAME OF DOCUMENT] for [LEGAL NAME OF APPLICANT].

The following must be completed by the person who translated the document(s):

PRINTED NAME
TELEPHONE NUMBER
ADDRESS
SIGNATURE
DATE

NOTE: The translator and the applicant are often not permitted to be the same person.[/b][/quote]