English Windows Seven

… hi everyone :bow: brrrandnew to the forum … firing a burning computer Q imi because my pc is running an evaluation copy of Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits which will expire soon … in need of an English version disc but I can’t find it anywhere sofar here in Taiwan and downloading from Microsoft’s US website isnt an option …
could anyone hint me to where/how to get it in Taiwan ? THANKS ia!

I have no knowledge of computers myself and so terms such as “evaluation copies” and “64 bits” only have slight significance, but when it comes to issues related to computers that speak in English, a large number of us in the northern part of the island call Nam. I can post his number 'cos it’s freely available in the Technology section:

Nam at nation wide: 0926 763664

I got an English Windows 7 install from a place in the Guanghua computer market no probs when I bought my new Asus laptop. You might try nosing around there and could find someone who’ll sell you one.

Browse around Guanghua Market (Xinsheng/Civic Blvd) or Nova (by the Taipei train station).

But last time I looked (a few months ago) I was told by some vendors that there were no English language copies in Win 7 in Taiwan. Odd, because I didn’t have a problem finding English Win XP, and my Vista installation is also English.

If you can’t find it, I suppose you could order it online from Amazon or something.

[quote=“Chris”]Browse around Guanghua Market (Xinsheng/Civic Blvd) or Nova (by the Taipei train station).

But last time I looked (a few months ago) I was told by some vendors that there were no English language copies in Win 7 in Taiwan. Odd, because I didn’t have a problem finding English Win XP, and my Vista installation is also English.

If you can’t find it, I suppose you could order it online from Amazon or something.[/quote]

I got mine two weeks ago.

I got Win 7 in English at Guanghua.

If you have an evaluation copy already, isn’t the procedure just to go to Microsoft’s web site and purchase a key code?

It’s the beta, it doesn’t work that way, you’d have to do a fresh re-install.

If you have an active .edu e-mail (alumni accounts work too):

microsoft.com/student/en/us/ … ws-7.aspx#

$30USD for Windows 7 Pro that you can download then install via USB or burn to DVD.

I did this 2 times already for a personal machine and a netbook, once with an @alum.___.edu account, so pretty much any working .edu e-mail works.

[quote=“mabagal”]If you have an active .edu e-mail (alumni accounts work too):

$30USD for Windows 7 Pro that you can download then install via USB or burn to DVD.

I did this 2 times already for a personal machine and a netbook, once with an @alum.___.edu account, so pretty much any working .edu e-mail works.[/quote]

You sure it was 30 dollars? it went up to like 64.95 now for windows 7 pro. Not sure what happened.

[quote=“Taiwan Luthiers”][quote=“mabagal”]If you have an active .edu e-mail (alumni accounts work too):

I did this 2 times already for a personal machine and a netbook, once with an @alum.___.edu account, so pretty much any working .edu e-mail works.[/quote]

You sure it was 30 dollars? it went up to like 64.95 now for windows 7 pro. Not sure what happened.[/quote]

Ah dang. Yeah it was 30 for Home but you could choose Pro and get the same price. I guess they closed that hole.

“Home” edition isn’t there… all they have is professional at 65 dollars, unless there’s a “master menu” somewhere with all the academic offerings.

dang, sorry, i guess the offer changed altogether. :frowning:

edit: update, yah it did

[quote]The Windows 7 Student Store has closed as of Jan 5, 2010.

Please visit ultimatesteal.com to re-validate and purchase Windows 7 Professional!
[/quote]